Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!  (Read 51271 times)

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »
Hey guys,
I'm already a member of the Facebook group! :) I'm a regular poster on TLS, but I do come on LSD occasionally (what can I say, I can't get enough of LS admissions...). Anyways, I'm thinking that unless YLS comes through I am Cambridge-bound... and super-excited to do so. I'm thinking about living in a dorm, because I want to be close to campus, but I also really want my own kitchen (I'm broke and never eat out, and this is unlikely to change in law school!). So I guess I'll have to think more about what I want. Anyway, it's exciting to get to know fellow likely HLSers.

Well I hope you're there with us next fall, but I'm guessing you have a REALLY good shot at Yale :)  Take a look at the housing site on HLS's website.  They have some options with kitchens, even HLS-affiliated apartments, but I hear those are really hard to get.  Congrats!

alexb240

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 08:02:26 PM »
Yeah, I guess I'll have to look into it when the time comes. For the moment, I'm still waiting for my binder in the mail, to make sure I'm actually accepted. :-)  Thanks for the tip!

Quis Custodiet

• Omar Khayyam
    • AOL Instant Messenger - blcenturion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 11:21:20 PM »
Yeah, I guess I'll have to look into it when the time comes. For the moment, I'm still waiting for my binder in the mail, to make sure I'm actually accepted. :-)  Thanks for the tip!

I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this;  I keep on having this irrational feeling like the acceptance call was a delusion, and I'm just embarrassing myself by telling my family I got accepted.  I so can't wait for tangible proof!
LSAT 176; GPA 3.96

The Winter Garment of Repentance fling (accept): Yale, Harvard, GULC, Duke
There was a door to which I found no key (denied):
Fools! your reward is neither Here nor There (Waitlisted):
Oh, come with old Khayyam and leave the wise (applied): Chicago, Michigan

Ethan826

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 11:32:12 PM »
Boy, the internet is a good thing... I somehow feel as though it's more likely I didn't hallucinate the acceptance call because others suspect that they hallucinated the acceptance call.  This is suspiciously like an LSAT question, however:

Jones: I think I hallucinated my acceptance to Harvard.
Smith: No you didn't hallucinate it; I feel as though I hallucinated my acceptance, too.

Which of the following describes a flaw in Smith's response to Jones?

Credited Response: The information Smith provides is consistent with the truth or falsity of Jones' statement.

alexb240

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 11:40:26 PM »
Haha, yeah, it's a bit surreal. I feel as though my life changed dramatically with a 30 second call, but I have no tangible evidence of that fact at the moment. Hopefully our binders come soon and we can lay these demons to rest! Btw, Quis Custodiet, I love the set-up of your sig.

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 02:33:35 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this;  I keep on having this irrational feeling like the acceptance call was a delusion, and I'm just embarrassing myself by telling my family I got accepted.  I so can't wait for tangible proof!

I feel sorry for anyone jaded enough not to think they hallucinated the acceptance call.
Harvard 2010

Quis Custodiet

• Omar Khayyam
    • AOL Instant Messenger - blcenturion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 07:10:48 AM »
Btw, Quis Custodiet, I love the set-up of your sig.

Thanks!  Much of a Khayyam/Fitzgerald fan?
LSAT 176; GPA 3.96

The Winter Garment of Repentance fling (accept): Yale, Harvard, GULC, Duke
There was a door to which I found no key (denied):
Fools! your reward is neither Here nor There (Waitlisted):
Oh, come with old Khayyam and leave the wise (applied): Chicago, Michigan

Supergirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »
I'm glad to hear this feeling of paranoia is shared by many. Right now I'm terrified that there's going to be a computer glitch, and they're going to forget they accepted me last year. All I have to cling to is my letter from Toby granting me my deferral. Man, I should have enrolled this year -  less time for them to change their minds!

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 04:56:22 PM »
Man, you guys have it tough.

newtothis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 03:35:06 AM »
I'm glad that I missed the second call... I have the voicemail to reassure myself :-[

Anyway, I'm already on the facebook group.  I look forward to meeting you all.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=newtothis
Updated with $$ offers
Stats are now unfudged