Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!  (Read 50345 times)

Supergirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 07:34:58 PM »
Yeah HLS! w00t. Everybody here needs to join the facebook group. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for housing yet. Renting a house might be sweet, although I am very prone to distractions. I may have to live on campus just to keep myself motivated.

Strivergirl - I didn't know you deferred! Very cool.

strivergirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 07:56:10 PM »
Yeah HLS! w00t. Everybody here needs to join the facebook group. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for housing yet. Renting a house might be sweet, although I am very prone to distractions. I may have to live on campus just to keep myself motivated.

Strivergirl - I didn't know you deferred! Very cool.

yeah, decided maybe something resembling real life would be good to try for a year.  kinda freaking out about housing, since i'll be looking from abroad.  the thought of living on campus makes me retch...but it might be the easiest thing to do.

bubDread

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 08:07:55 PM »
Yeah I definitely think we could save a ton of money by getting a 3 person house or so.  Plus it would be nice having people to chill with.  I just think living on campus would be a little hokey  :-\

anonymousposter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 09:59:30 PM »
Has anyone gotten their acceptance package yet? I keep stalking the mailman  :D.
You're not the only one stalking his/her mailman.  I just want the acceptance binder to confirm that I didn't imagine the second phone call.

Ethan826

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 12:08:35 AM »
That is eerily like my predicament.  I have taken leave of reality and feel like either I didn't really get the second call or that I somehow misunderstood ("Please, never contact us again, you can't come to our law school...").  I really want to see that binder.

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 12:09:27 AM »
apple pie, what are you considering doing if you defer?

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 11:53:25 AM »
You guys are so funny.  Even after I got the binder, I was worried they'd made an error.  When I went to ASW, I was terrified that when I went to register, instead of my registration package, there would be a yellow note (like the "See Registrar" notes some people get at graduation lol) saying that my acceptance was a mistake and I wouldn't be allowed to enter.

But it's real!  Luckily, I had missed my acceptance call and had Toby's voicemail, which I played again and again, for my family and friends. :)

I'm definitely living off-campus.  After being out of college for about 4 years, the idea of living in glorified dorms does make me retch.  Plus, I'm moving with the boyfriend and my dog, so I definitely need off-campus housing.  I think I'm going to go with a broker, since I can't really do the cross-country search.  I'm hoping to live in or near Cambridge though.

Strivergirl, I thought you sounded familiar.  That's right, you were one of the board folks last year.  I'll add you as a co-chair with me and Supergirl since we're the OG acceptees.

strivergirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 03:26:27 PM »
thanks jd.  yeah, i'm old school, rediscovering the joys of lsd at my thankless job.

yeah, i thought it was a mistake for a while too.  luckily i had a voice mail to convince myself repeatedly (and to justify copious consumption of champange, something i thoroughly reccomend to all new admits).  i still felt like an interloper at the asw--like someone was going to come up to me and say "i'm sorry, what are you doing here?  please leave."  hopefully i won't still feel that way next fall.  good lord.

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »
thanks jd.  yeah, i'm old school, rediscovering the joys of lsd at my thankless job.

yeah, i thought it was a mistake for a while too.  luckily i had a voice mail to convince myself repeatedly (and to justify copious consumption of champange, something i thoroughly reccomend to all new admits).  i still felt like an interloper at the asw--like someone was going to come up to me and say "i'm sorry, what are you doing here?  please leave."  hopefully i won't still feel that way next fall.  good lord.

Well we can feel that way together then :)

alexb240

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »
Hey guys,
I'm already a member of the Facebook group! :) I'm a regular poster on TLS, but I do come on LSD occasionally (what can I say, I can't get enough of LS admissions...). Anyways, I'm thinking that unless YLS comes through I am Cambridge-bound... and super-excited to do so. I'm thinking about living in a dorm, because I want to be close to campus, but I also really want my own kitchen (I'm broke and never eat out, and this is unlikely to change in law school!). So I guess I'll have to think more about what I want. Anyway, it's exciting to get to know fellow likely HLSers.