Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Canadian bar exam (atty in usa)  (Read 5734 times)

tizsha

• View Profile
Canadian bar exam (atty in usa)
« on: September 28, 2004, 08:56:42 PM »
good to have found this site.

is there any course like barbri or micromash for the bar exam of british columbia?

likewise, is there any course like barbri or micromash for the federation of law societies of canada (http://www.flsc.ca/en/foreignLawyers/guidelines.asp)

tiz

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian bar exam (atty in usa)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 09:15:57 PM »
???

most of us around here are pre-law.  I would imagine there would be a course you could take, but I have no idea.

tizsha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 10:23:24 PM »
it's cool.  i've had a hard time tracking this one down, so i thought i'd try here.  the impression i'm getting is canada wants to make it as difficult as possible for foreign lawyers to come up there.

part of this assertion is based on the fact that there appears to be no barbri for brit col and no barbri for the flsc.

fyi, if i could do it over again, i would start thinking about the bar a lot sooner than post-graduation or at least 3L.  even more than where you go to law school, for most people where you are licensed to practice will have a huge impact on the rest of yoru life. 

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 10:36:58 PM »
thanks for the advice.  I've been trying to consider that throughout this whole process.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 10:38:28 PM »

the impression i'm getting is canada wants to make it as difficult as possible for foreign lawyers to come up there.

There's no maybe about it. 
No longer here.

dspbap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »