Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Continued interest letter  (Read 1134 times)

asiangirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Continued interest letter
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 09:50:23 PM »
I hate this analogy, 'cos in a courtship, you will feel concerned how the relationship will go .... the woman (or man .... uhmmm) might go out with you, but you might feel uncertain/ insecure because she (or he) was not eager.

In the admission process, I wouldn't care if the adcomm does not think highly of me -- as long as I got the offer I am in ... and as long as I do moderately well in class I will find a job I like.

It seems like I am offering support to the OP -- but then, again, most adcomm's ask the applicants not to send them anything, not until they are put on waitlists.

asiangirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 09:57:17 PM »
no, what the OP wants to do is to call before the other party displays any interest to take the friendship further

asiangirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 10:32:16 PM »
actually I once got into a rather prestigious program (prestigious school too) after sending several emails to the admission secretary -- not urging them to want me, but just expressing my continued interest. I later realized that it could have been a dangerious thing to do.

I don't know if this is a correlation or causation, though.

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 04:09:06 AM »

Asiangirl is unfamiliar with arm candy.  I have dated 1-3 girls whose feelings towards me I wasn't too concerned about, and who probably didn't care how I honestly felt about them.  The more I think about it, there were probably exactly 2 such relationships.  Anyway, insofar as these relationships were socially minded on both ends, they pertain pretty well to LS--they want my numbers, I want their prestige.

I am surprised that I was able to lucidly relate this to law school.

You never cease to impress, reezy.
B < PL