Law School Discussion

Let's rank the t14 according to who has the hottest women.

Sergio

• View Profile
Re: Let's rank the t14 according to who has the hottest women.
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
How about we start a thread ranking the T14 according to how big the guys are?

Stand up and be "counted."  The line forms to the right.  Hands behind your back.

'cause, yeah, guys.... it matters even if you went to HLS.

From reading your LSN, you are probably about 10 years older than me and more than 15 years older than many people here.  Which makes your outburst all the more ridiculous.

I'm still not seeing the problem with guys on a message board about law school debating where the most attractive women are.  Obviously, all straight guys like good-looking girls.  It's not "sexist".  It's not like they were writing in vulgar language about unmentionables and ass in detail.  The only one that was vulgar was YOU, in your post which I have quoted.  As a matter of fact, there was a thread where girls who got into places like UVA, Yale, and Stanford were discussing which schools have more "hotties".  Now, that was pretty ridiculous, because females should be more mature, especially those going to T14 schools.  But I somehow think you'll find some way to excuse the behavior in women, because most bitter feminists do.

Now I'm more of an assman myself, so I think the hotness thread should focus on that.  Which law schools in the Northeast have the best female asses?

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
She says that because it's not 1960 anymore, guys shouldn't talk about hot women?  I don't get that one.

BlueGreen

• [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2008, 06:54:04 PM »

Stand up and be "counted."  The line forms to the right.  Hands behind your back.

I think we actually did have a hottest guys thread started at about the same time as this one, but it hasn't lived this long.

I do get your point to some degree, but this doesn't bother me the way the whole xoxo thing did, with guys posting pictures of their classmates and talking about them, often in an extremely misogynistic way.  But this is sort of the first step in a continuum that could potentially lead to something like that.

i think the discussion on the hot guys thread was quite similar to this one.

i think the threads are just funny  ;D  the one on xoxo was like 'eeeeeeek', but this one doesn't seem particularly sexist. i mean, sure, there are occasionally ppl with a crap sense of humor making bad jokes, but other than that...*shrug*

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »

From reading your LSN, you are probably about 10 years older than me and more than 15 years older than many people here.  Which makes your outburst all the more ridiculous.

I'm still not seeing the problem with guys on a message board about law school debating where the most attractive women are.  Obviously, all straight guys like good-looking girls.  It's not "sexist".  It's not like they were writing in vulgar language about unmentionables and ass in detail.  The only one that was vulgar was YOU, in your post which I have quoted.  As a matter of fact, there was a thread where girls who got into places like UVA, Yale, and Stanford were discussing which schools have more "hotties".  Now, that was pretty ridiculous, because females should be more mature, especially those going to T14 schools.  But I somehow think you'll find some way to excuse the behavior in women, because most bitter feminists do.

Now I'm more of an assman myself, so I think the hotness thread should focus on that.  Which law schools in the Northeast have the best female asses?

When someone makes such declarations about comments that myself and others have made regarding the "general physical health" of a student population, they surely must have a point. I admit that I at first felt somewhat taken aback at being compared to a superficial womanizer, or better yet a poorly-endowed fraternity member (wait a minute, did I pledge years and years ago after all?). In fact, I even begin to question things like whether I enjoy predation on teenage girls, or whether the size of my package could not be ascertained without a microscope. Thankfully Mr. Madness has provided ample evidence that I am not alone in finding the comments made by TRad both ignorant and unfair.

First off, perhaps, as others have suggested, you are much older than the average law school applicant (and as would follow, the average LSDer). In this case you might be forgiven for criticizing this analysis of "women as objects" as something of a generation gap. If TRad is indeed that age, however, she is still out of line because the average thirty-something would not, and should not, get involved in a discussion about undergraduate dating or hooking up.

Second, I think you might have had a useful diatribe if you had posted what you did on a thread entitled  "Best Looking Guys and Girls Law Schools (just for fun)." You, however, chose to launch into your outburst on a thread about the "Hottest girls in the T14." The T14! In other words, those who conceived this thread had already self-selected their pool of women by comparing them only to the most intelligent, hardest-working, goal-oriented "chicks" in the country. Now you might rebut this by saying that much of the subject matter here centered around undergraduate girls and men's proximity/access to them. This doesn't really equate to anything wrong with these men considering:

a) it seems to be a general rule in American society (as well as others) that older men and younger women tend to get involved somewhat commonly.

b) almost every school in the T14 carries with its tremendous law program, outstanding gellow graduate and undergraduate programs. In fact, besides NYU, is any undergraduate institution with a conjoined Law School in the T14 itself ranked outside of the Top 30? I submit to you that there are none. These undergraduates are hardly bimbos.   

Finally, as for the disapproval of “imagurl” (who, if by the way, uses a name that when combined with her viewpoint almost puts her on flame suspicion), I can only add that Mr. Madness may have made an off-color joke, but it was for the purpose of throwing archaic stereotypes  back into the face of the aforementioned “middle-aged” lady.
Now, if you’ll excuse me I’m off to exercise my right in immature womanizing . . . after all it’s Friday.   

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2008, 08:13:02 PM »
Actually, I don't think TRad can't comment because of her age.  Hell, I'm 30, older than most of you.  And I'm certainly not going to a T14.  But the average age in law school is 24-25, so I don't feel there is anything wrong with discussing it.  I think too many guys make apologies for being a man.  Again, the talk wasn't sexually explicit or anything.  TRad stooped way lower than any of us.

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2008, 10:16:46 AM »
As far as undergrads go, Penn girls are probably pretty decent for Ivy Leaguers, and they like to party too.  If you like Northeast, high-maintenance types.  I have a friend who goes to NYU, and the undergrads are mostly female, and lots of the guys are gay, so the undergrads are basically desperate for a straight guy with any game.

Speedzie

• Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »
I've been lurking on this thread for a little while now, but haven't chimed in yet.  So here's my 2 cents.

They certianly aren't at Yale.  I grew up in the New Haven area, and a few of my friends are/were Yalies.  I feel I can say with authority that those girls are NOT HOT.  It's definitely the case with the undergrads, and I'm sure the law students too.  If you do find one that happens to be hot, odds are she won't be very friendly with non-HYP types.  It's sad, but unfortunately true.

Speedzie

• Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2008, 12:03:56 PM »
I've debated the wisdom of responding to all these typical frat-boy type posts that show up here from time to time......  It's a Hobson's Choice.  Let everyone know how totally inappropriate and offensive this type of thread is and the response is, "Oh, now, you killjoy!  Why can't you just let us have fun?"   Don't respond and this kind of meat-market drivel is allowed to stand unchallenged.

For once, I'll wade in.  Why is it that people who would NEVER post a racist comment, feel perfectly free to make sexist ones?   Would it be okay to put a post on here about how "white" certain schools were?  No, of course not.  So, why is it okay to post about how "hot" women are.  Good God, what is this 1960?

Boys might be boys, but women are over half the population and certainly make up half of most law school classes.  We don't have to put up with this in a public forum.  Save it for your caveman, beer swilling, knuckle dragging Friday-nights-out-with-the-boys when you'll end up alone in bed far away from all the 'hot' women you're wondering about.

Grow up and STFU.

you're ugly, huh?

My guess is she's the fugly friend who doesn't let the hotties go home with us, for fear of being reminded she's so fugly.

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
I've debated the wisdom of responding to all these typical frat-boy type posts that show up here from time to time......  It's a Hobson's Choice.  Let everyone know how totally inappropriate and offensive this type of thread is and the response is, "Oh, now, you killjoy!  Why can't you just let us have fun?"   Don't respond and this kind of meat-market drivel is allowed to stand unchallenged.

For once, I'll wade in.  Why is it that people who would NEVER post a racist comment, feel perfectly free to make sexist ones?   Would it be okay to put a post on here about how "white" certain schools were?  No, of course not.  So, why is it okay to post about how "hot" women are.  Good God, what is this 1960?

Boys might be boys, but women are over half the population and certainly make up half of most law school classes.  We don't have to put up with this in a public forum.  Save it for your caveman, beer swilling, knuckle dragging Friday-nights-out-with-the-boys when you'll end up alone in bed far away from all the 'hot' women you're wondering about.

Grow up and STFU.

you're ugly, huh?

Not necessarily - but she is much older and her attitude needs to be stopped, because younger girls will be like "You go girl".  It's like girls who think of the bitter, snotty, over the hill women from Sex and the City as some kind of role models.  In real life, desirable guys are dating women 10 years younger than those women.

TRad

• Hope springs eternal
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
I love being right.

When I wrote that original post, I predicted that defensive men would call me a "killjoy."  So far, I've been told I am ugly, bitter, and have no sense of humor (did I get all the insults or did I miss a few?).  Gee, I wonder why more women don't object to sexism?

Now if I was stupid, I'd fall into the trap of trying to prove how far from true these ad hominen attacks are.  But, I'm not stupid.  What I see are a bunch of guys who were rude and when called to account for their rudeness, they turned on the messenger.

I'm skipping a defense of myself.  I have nothing to prove to any of you.

Let's stick to issues of principle here.  This thread summarily dismissed the talents of the most intelligent and accomplished women of your generation.  Instead, these amazing young women who have much to offer beyond their looks were reduced to collective sex objects and then their schools were ranked accordingly.

Explain to me why this is okay.

For your amusement?

Explain to me why that is okay.

Besides it really isn't amusing; at least it's not to about 51% of the people who use this board.  And if it's truly funny to the rest of you then it needs to be a private joke.  This is a public forum.  Just like noxious flatulence is best saved for the men's room, so too is a conversation like this.