Law School Discussion

Let's rank the t14 according to who has the hottest women.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's rank the t14 according to who has the hottest women.
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »
goaliechica, flyaway, here is the point:  different standards for different people.  A bimbo who only cares about clubs and Paris Hilton is probably pretty shallow, and this is understandable.  A woman in the top 1% of a rigorous test like the LSAT would be expected to have a very different attitude, because she is much more intelligent and accomplished, and can appreciate many other qualities in people that the bimbo can't.  Anyway, I shouldn't have to argue with this.  Here's the point:

Men are supposed to care about looks bigtime - it doesn't mean we don't care about other things, though.

Smart girls are not all ugly, and this thread is dedicated to finding those who are not.

TRad really didn't have a point.  She complained that guys were discussing which schools have the hottest women.  I pointed out that women were doing the same thing on another thread. 

Alrighty then.

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2008, 05:11:49 PM »
It just figures to me to be common sense, that's all.  I didn't want to get in some big argument about it.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2008, 05:12:44 PM »
It just figures to me to be common sense, that's all.  I didn't want to get in some big argument about it.

:D

Me neither. Let's just agree to disagree.

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2008, 05:22:19 PM »

:D

Me neither. Let's just agree to disagree.

Cool, though I'm not totally sure what we are disagreeing about, because so many things were said.  ;D

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2008, 05:25:23 PM »
Cady, why don't you chime in with your opinion then on this whole controversy?

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2008, 05:27:38 PM »
Well I'd like to hear where you stand then Cady.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2008, 05:27:58 PM »

Men are supposed to care about looks bigtime - it doesn't mean we don't care about other things, though.

This is the part I have a real problem with, though.  Why is it OK for smart men to care about looks and not for smart women to?  

It's actually pretty funny for me to be arguing this point, because I'm not a terribly visual person.  But that's not a reason for me to be self-righteous... there are other things, like a deep voice, that are attractive to me, and those are no less superficial than liking to look at a six pack.

But there are plenty of women who are very visual, and that doesn't mean that they are wholly superficial and not interested in anything else.  You, yourself, recognize that men who care about looks can care about other things too.  Why think women are different in that regard?

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2008, 05:33:47 PM »
See generally flyaway's post for my biggest issue with what you've said most recently.

Ha... I appreciate the citation form.

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »
To elaborate further, though:

To say that men or women are "supposed to" do one thing or another begs the question. If one accepts (as I do) that expected performance of gender is predominantly socially constructed, and also that "socially constructed" doesn't imply "good," then saying that men or women are "supposed to" do something doesn't come close to addressing whether a behavior is acceptable, reasonable, enlightened, desirable, etc.

Goodness, I had to read this 3 times to have any idea what you were saying  :)

Flyaway, I wouldn't say that smart women are not supposed to notice or care about looks at all.  Obviously, everyone cares at least somewhat.  Shallowness, though, is like caring about looks to the exclusion of most other things.  That is a big turnoff.  And I like girls with a brain.  But my point is there were women on another thread who got into places like Stanford, Yale, and UVA discussing the amount of "hotties" at each.  That was pretty sad and disappointing.

Men and women are different and it is ok that they are.  Let boys be boys and discuss girls.  TRad is pissed for some reason, but the guys here were not doing anything vulgar or offensive.  They were only discussing the same things that flyaway and other females were.  I think TRad just hates men.

Anyone have a link to the xoxo thread?

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2008, 06:09:57 AM »
Women are things, but things can be respected, so what is your beef?

You should see the care I take with my limited edition Halo 3 Xbox, a woman could wish only to be so lucky.

Grow up already.