Law School Discussion

Let's rank the t14 according to who has the hottest women.

AmericanGunner

• Huge soccer fan, obviously...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's rank the t14 according to who has the hottest women.
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
I get why this post could be a little offensive, but really - on the flipside, what woman hasn't commented on a man's looks? Since law school (and higher education in general) is mostly populated by women, I'm sure a thread about where the hot men are would be pretty popular...

Steve Jones

• Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2008, 07:56:31 AM »
How about we start a thread ranking the T14 according to how big the guys are?

Stand up and be "counted."  The line forms to the right.  Hands behind your back.

'cause, yeah, guys.... it matters even if you went to HLS.

I think we actually did have a hottest guys thread started at about the same time as this one, but it hasn't lived this long.

I do get your point to some degree, but this doesn't bother me the way the whole xoxo thing did, with guys posting pictures of their classmates and talking about them, often in an extremely misogynistic way.  But this is sort of the first step in a continuum that could potentially lead to something like that.

Link? :D

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »
Umm, no.

Anyway, people's awful responses to Trad's post are making me think more and more that she's right after all.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2008, 02:20:32 PM »
Umm, no.

Anyway, people's awful responses to Trad's post are making me think more and more that she's right after all.

i was kidding  :(

Good!  I was like... and he seemed so nice the other day. :)

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2008, 02:26:32 PM »
Right flyaway, and when you said in another thread, that the girls at Michigan are so much "hotter" than the guys - basically insulting their looks - what does that make you?  Not to mention you're a female, not some "fratboy", and you scored over 170 on your LSAT, making you the type of person who should least care about shallow and superficial things.  So what's YOUR excuse?

By the way, law school isn't more than half female, I believe it is slightly less than half.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2008, 02:55:40 PM »
Right flyaway, and when you said in another thread, that the girls at Michigan are so much "hotter" than the guys - basically insulting their looks - what does that make you?  Not to mention you're a female, not some "fratboy", and you scored over 170 on your LSAT, making you the type of person who should least care about shallow and superficial things.  So what's YOUR excuse?

By the way, law school isn't more than half female, I believe it is slightly less than half.

There are more women than men in law schools.

http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/titles/title.php?page=lead_wlmkcase_01

Your whole idea that an LSAT score would indicate anything about someone's personality, maturity level or values is...... well, strange to say the least.

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2008, 03:09:04 PM »

Your whole idea that an LSAT score would indicate anything about someone's personality, maturity level or values is...... well, strange to say the least.

Hmm, it's interesting, I guess it was true in 2001, not sure now.  Anyway, we can be pretty sure it's close to 50-50.  I brought up her LSAT score because she goes to a T14 law school and is obviously among the smartest women around.  So of course I would expect a less superficial attitude than from some stupid bimbo with a 900 SAT score.  It is pretty tough to defend flyaway's hypocrisy, and I can find the thread I was referring to.

Back to the issue at hand, I guess it looks like HYS have the ugliest girls on average.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »

Hmm, it's interesting, I guess it was true in 2001, not sure now.  Anyway, we can be pretty sure it's close to 50-50.  I brought up her LSAT score because she goes to a T14 law school and is obviously among the smartest women around.  So of course I would expect a less superficial attitude than from some stupid bimbo with a 900 SAT score.  It is pretty tough to defend flyaway's hypocrisy, and I can find the thread I was referring to.

Back to the issue at hand, I guess it looks like HYS have the ugliest girls on average.

Again.... This.... doesn't.....make..... any ....sense. Ability to answer logic questions has nothing to do with superficiality.

I feel like this all ties somehow into the "smart girls are ugly" thing. Which is where we seem to be headed next....

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »

It doesn't make me anything.  It makes me someone who is shooting the breeze on the internet and not taking things very seriously.  I don't have to care about the ratio of hot guys to hot girls to notice it; for one thing, I'm already married.  That said, it doesn't mean that I don't see any validity at all in Trad's point when she makes it.  There are certainly people on here who seem to have some really screwed up views of how women should and shouldn't think and behave that go much further than the initial observations of attractiveness.

I have no idea why you keep bringing my LSAT score up or what in the world LSAT score has to do with whether someone notices attractive people.

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2008, 03:59:06 PM »
goaliechica, flyaway, here is the point:  different standards for different people.  A bimbo who only cares about clubs and Paris Hilton is probably pretty shallow, and this is understandable.  A woman in the top 1% of a rigorous test like the LSAT would be expected to have a very different attitude, because she is much more intelligent and accomplished, and can appreciate many other qualities in people that the bimbo can't.  Anyway, I shouldn't have to argue with this.  Here's the point:

Men are supposed to care about looks bigtime - it doesn't mean we don't care about other things, though.

Smart girls are not all ugly, and this thread is dedicated to finding those who are not.

TRad really didn't have a point.  She complained that guys were discussing which schools have the hottest women.  I pointed out that women were doing the same thing on another thread.