Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how do law schools view online undergraduate degrees?  (Read 1574 times)

jbehar

• View Profile
how do law schools view online undergraduate degrees?
« on: November 22, 2007, 02:28:07 AM »
I am finishing my undergrad as a history major at UMUC the online college of UMD.  My degree will read University College rather than University of Maryland.   I am interested if anyone has applied or knows of one who has with this type of degree and what the stance was of the school applied to.

Papa Bear

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do these shades make me look fat?
    • View Profile
Re: how do law schools view online undergraduate degrees?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 02:32:36 PM »
I don't, but I doubt it matters unless you're applying to the super-elite schools, and even then it probably isn't a deal-breaker. If you bring the gpa & lsat they want then it's not going to matter much.
"Facts have a well-known liberal bias."

Prog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:29:01 AM »
This is a total guess, but I would think that if its an online degree program from an actual "brick and mortar" school (like it seems, from your description) rather than one of those online-only "schools" then you would probably be ok. With one of those online only schools then you could probably be in trouble. Ive heard of a lot of graduate programs (not only JD's) that will not consider those kinds of online degrees. Of course this is just my uneducated guess.

jd1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 10:48:41 AM »
it depeneds less on "brick and morter" than on regionally or nationally or state accredited. For example, many "physical university"s are only state accredited(mostly in california) but most online schools are nationally accredited. Most law schools want regionally accredited degrees. Junior colleges and some online colleges(like uop) are regional. Look into the agency that accredits them. That will tell you the most.