Law School Discussion

ITT a BU 1L and a BC 1L answer questions with civility

Re: ITT a BU 1L and a BC 1L answer questions with civility
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2008, 05:08:51 PM »
LSD owned the BC ASD.

I believe this.  I was even at a pre-LSD/BC ASD meetup for a few minutes.

Yep, and we went on to have a damn good time...

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2008, 05:29:51 PM »
LSD owned the BC ASD.

go ahead and rub it in  :P

Mmmm....John Harvard's beer....  ;)

« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »
LSD owned the BC ASD.

go ahead and rub it in  :P

Mmmm....John Harvard's beer....  ;)

Oh w/e I was bonding with my sisters *convinces self*

(Continuation of Andrew)Mmmmmmm, Shrimp Salads/Pat Burgers/Deer Hunter/Only Unpretentious Bar In Cambridge.... Sisterly bonding sure comes at a price :)

« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »
so guess who got stuck in the boston airport for 6 hours?

ewwww which terminal?

um... the ugly one? jet blue domestic flight.

Ouch! Sorry to hear... If it makes you feel better there was a 70 yo man sitting next to me from Newark all the way home who reeked of stale cigarettes and BO

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2008, 03:09:53 PM »
so guess who got stuck in the boston airport for 6 hours?

ewwww which terminal?

um... the ugly one? jet blue domestic flight.

Ouch! Sorry to hear... If it makes you feel better there was a 70 yo man sitting next to me from Newark all the way home who reeked of stale cigarettes and BO

Mmmm...stale cigarettes and BO.....

Oh wait, no actually that's disgusting.  Nevermind.

« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:11 PM »
Thanks for answering all these questions!  Here's a new question on this thread for BU students re: financial aid, grants, etc.. I applied very late in the cycle to BU and got admitted quickly.  But I hadn't read the fine print re: financial aid, in that they don't consider you for any scholarships or grants except the Dean's award unless you've sent in the Need Access Form.  There are a couple mitigating factors, but basically due to my parents' income, I've been told I don't qualify for aid.  Of course, my parents aren't thrilled about footing the bill (they're old and haven't supported me for a couple years).  Prior to sending in the Need Access Form, I was told that due to my LSAT (167), I'd get substantial merit aid (but not a Dean's Scholarship).

So does anyone know what the deal is with this "merit and need-based" aid system?  Should I appeal it?  Is there an income cut-off or if I had a 180/4.0 and had cured cancer, would I be getting scholarship money and this is just their way of letting me down politely?  Or did I just apply too late?

Also, assuming I do have to pay full sticker price for BU via loans (on the waitlist at UVA), do you think it's worth it?  Not so sure I want to do corporate work--would prefer the public interest route . . .  At the same time, I'm a bit anxious about well-paying career prospects at BU, but perhaps unnecessarily so. 

« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2008, 05:03:05 PM »
Hey LSD-ers,

I went to the Open House today for BU and really liked what I heard about the school. One of the things I did hear is that if you show that it fits into your legal focus, that BU will allow you to take a class at any of its other schools AND it will count towards your JD. For example, if I was interested in legal reporting, then I could take a class in the College of Communication. I found this really interesting, but I was wondering, from your experience (this goes out to the BU law students) how easy is it to do this kind of thing? Or is this just something they say is easy but it's actually not?

Reply soon please because it's decision time!! Thanks!

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2008, 05:07:03 PM »
Hey LSD-ers,

I went to the Open House today for BU and really liked what I heard about the school. One of the things I did hear is that if you show that it fits into your legal focus, that BU will allow you to take a class at any of its other schools AND it will count towards your JD. For example, if I was interested in legal reporting, then I could take a class in the College of Communication. I found this really interesting, but I was wondering, from your experience (this goes out to the BU law students) how easy is it to do this kind of thing? Or is this just something they say is easy but it's actually not?

Reply soon please because it's decision time!! Thanks!

Sorry to hijack your question, but I don't think this one has come up before for the BC folks either (and it's a long thread!). This policy also exists at BC and seems to work pretty easily. A harder possibility is to take classes at other schools in the area (including HLS). I've heard this is possible, but haven't met anyone who's done it.

« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »
Could a BU student comment on environmental law offerings at BU? I checked BU's site and I see only 2 courses offered in the field.

« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2008, 06:46:52 AM »
Can a BU student also respond to my previous question about how easy or hard it is to take classes from other BU schools while doing the JD?