Law School Discussion

-

Re: How Many Schools are you applying to?
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 06:09:50 AM »
16, with about 7 or so reaches, but i have a couple of soft factors im trying to get a bite on

Kevin.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 08:16:35 AM »
15 here, but I got waivers on 8.  I started with a list of about 9, and added another 6 after I got offered waivers (and also fortunately got waivers on some of my original 9!)

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 10:33:26 AM »
Thus far I have applied to five:

Columbia
Virginia
William and Mary
Washington and Lee
Illinois (UIUC)

I had fee waivers for all of them.  I'm still debating Michigan and Penn.  I may apply to Vandy as I just got a fee waiver from them.  I looked at it like this....W&M, W&L are two schools I find interesting that should be safeties for me...W&M gives out a lot of scholarship money and W&L has the smallest class size in the top 25. 

Columbia is a great school, a slight reach probably but I got a fee waiver, and I would be nuts not to apply there.  If I get in I'll be extremely tempted to go regardless of other things, unless I get a very large scholarship from Virginia which is extremely unlikely.  The only problem with Columbia is that it is in New York which is very very expensive.

Illinois is a big possibility because I live in Missouri and there would be some benefits to staying somewhat close to home.  Plus they seem to be a riser in the rankings. 

Virginia has been my number one choice for awhile..and I figure if I'd rather go there than Michigan, Penn, or Chicago why spend the money on those schools?  I very heavily debated between Michigan and Virginia for awhile but decided that with my background and political beliefs I fit in better at Virginia...plus I interned in DC and love Virginia.