-

-----

-
« on: November 20, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »
-

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: BU Diversity Statement - One Page - Can I Single Space?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:32:51 PM »
this worrying is irrational. just send the damn thing...

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 04:47:14 PM »
A) 1 page is a guideline, not a mandate.  If they ddn't say 1 page they would probably get 8 or 9 page statements.
B) they want to know about YOU.  They care more about what will make you a good law student than your ability to cut down your life story into 1 page
C) Especially for BU and its peer schools, your numbers are 99% of what counts.

just. send. it.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:53:55 PM »
A) 1 page is a guideline, not a mandate.  If they ddn't say 1 page they would probably get 8 or 9 page statements.
B) they want to know about YOU.  They care more about what will make you a good law student than your ability to cut down your life story into 1 page

just. send. it.

I have WAY low numbers for BU -- do you think this should motivate me more to break the rules or what?

If it's a huge reach to begin with, it makes even more sense to take the risk.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:57:11 PM »

just. send. it.

I have WAY low numbers for BU -- do you think this should motivate me more to break the rules or what?

I'm sorry, but isn't your question whether you should send it in double spaced?  I think I must have missed the part in the "rules" where it said you weren't allowed to do that.

if you have lower numbers,
A) you are banking on your diversity statement to help you out a lot.  don't skimp.
B) you will benefit from getting your apps in now.

last time ... send.  now.