Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago Lawyers Alumni Network  (Read 621 times)

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
Chicago Lawyers Alumni Network
« on: November 18, 2007, 07:52:40 PM »
Does anybody know which one of Chicago's law schools have the stronger alumni networks relative to one another?  I know Depaul is considered 'Chicago's law school' with the most alumni working in the Chicago area.  But I was wondering how does John Marshall, Loyola, and Chicago-Kent's alumni networks fare against each other? 

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chicago Lawyers Alumni Network
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 06:25:56 PM »
bump

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 10:26:48 AM »
Does anybody know which one of Chicago's law schools have the stronger alumni networks relative to one another?  I know Depaul is considered 'Chicago's law school' with the most alumni working in the Chicago area.  But I was wondering how does John Marshall, Loyola, and Chicago-Kent's alumni networks fare against each other? 

I can't speak for any others, but John Marshall has a good alumni network if you go into IP law - it even has good pull in surrounding states like MI if you hit the right firm. The fact that the school is basically in the heart of Chicago's legal neighborhood doesn't hurt either.

JMLS is not the place to go in Chicago.  It probably has a better reputation than most of the lower ranked schools out there, but in Chicago, there are better options.  Having said that, I know plenty of JMLS grads who are doing just fine.  It's just more of an uphill battle and you are much, much more likely to be a litigator practicing ID.

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 08:50:35 PM »
Pardon my ignorance  ;D, but what is ID? 

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »
Pardon my ignorance  ;D, but what is ID? 

Insurance defense.

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 08:53:34 PM »
Thanks.