Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does LSAC really return LORs if they're not done properly?  (Read 367 times)

BlueGreen

• Sr. Citizen
  • [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
Does LSAC really return LORs if they're not done properly?
« on: November 18, 2007, 01:15:06 AM »
Not that I'm planning on my recommenders making mistakes and not sending in the L3 form etc., but I was just wondering if it's ever happened to anyone.

'Tis the season for irrational LS application-related fears. Tralala.
HLS class of 2011
LSN

rsr28

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Does LSAC really return LORs if they're not done properly?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:11:02 PM »
No, but they do make you fret if you end up changing your mind about LOR's.  I had a bit of a falling out with one of my potential recommenders after having added his info to LSAC.  So, I had used up all four LOR slots and couldn't figure out how to add another one.  Eventually I realized I could make the bad recommmender a "targeted" recommendation freeing up the last general slot.

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
One of my recommenders forgot the LSAC form.  I called LSAC wondering why there was a delay in processing it and they told me.  The woman told me to reprint it, sign it, and fax it to her so she could get it in my file with the letter.  I did and it got processed the same day.

FLgirl07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »
All you have to do is note the LOR as "inactive" so that you can replace that one with another.  I had to do this since my professor never submitted one and I had to find another person.