Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Int'l Arbitration  (Read 1440 times)

domovoi

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • ICQ Messenger - 1376555
    • View Profile
Int'l Arbitration
« on: July 29, 2003, 06:41:52 PM »
I'm interested in international work, either cross-border arbitration stuff or working for NGOs. I'm looking for programs with a distinct international flavor, but much of what I find when I do searches on int'l law programs is LL.M. programs in US law schools. I'm in the States, and am looking for programs more like that of UWashington's, where they have an explicit focus on Pacific Rim international law. Others would be Georgetown (of course) and others in the DC area. What I'd like to hear about are the ones I don't know about already. Thanks in advance.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Int'l Arbitration
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 11:08:13 AM »
A few more prestigious schools "around" that area (using those terms loosely) that fit the profile of int'l law that you crave include but are not limited to: Columbia, NYU, U Penn, and ofcourse Harvard (which is just added for its rep). Hope this helps, otherwise check out some specific rankings like Litier (sp?) Ranks etc.. and look into who ranks where more qualitatively. I believ in this type of rating system over US news systems.
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141