Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Kentucky  (Read 692 times)

bridget_jones

• View Profile
University of Kentucky
« on: November 17, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »
I am interested in hearing your thoughts about the University of Kentucky for someone who wants to work in state eventually. Also, do you guys think I'm a shoe-in as a non-traditional student with five years work experience, 3.38 GPA and 164 LSAT? Thanks.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »
Enjoy THE Salmon Chase School of Law!

bridget_jones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 02:00:32 PM »
Although your reply was quite witty, I think you're a little off the mark. I happen to know that I am competetive at UK. I forgot to mention that I also have a Masters degree with a 3.5 GPA. You have to admit that you're being ridiculous. If a 164 LSAT will only get me in at Chase, what is the average test taker to do? But hey, if I don't get into UK maybe I will go to Chase or maybe I'll come join you at Cooley.

iLukeisamazing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 02:03:50 PM »
I am interested in hearing your thoughts about the University of Kentucky for someone who wants to work in state eventually. Also, do you guys think I'm a shoe-in as a non-traditional student with five years work experience, 3.38 GPA and 164 LSAT? Thanks.

Yea, you're in. I wouldn't worry about it. The Master's will throw you over the top easily.

Americanlaw10

• American WCL '10
    • AOL Instant Messenger - UKSoccer525
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - UKSoccer525
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 02:38:40 PM »

You're SUCH A FLAME, man.  Give it a rest.

As for UK, I'm a UG grad from there.  I would think with your numbers, you're a scholarship shoe-in.  I wasn't ever interested in UK since I don't want to work in-state.  If you haven't visited the law building, I would do so.  I personally think the building could double as a bomb shelter!  Best of Luck!
Winner Chicken Dinner (Attending): American WCL!!!

Friday Night Drinking Club!!

bridget_jones

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »
Thanks guys. I didn't want to come off sounding like one of those "OMG, I only have a 170, 3.7" kind of people, not that my numbers are that good by a longshot. I was just looking for some input by people who may be looking at or have attended UK. Thanks again.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 08:32:48 PM »

As for UK, I'm a UG grad from there.  I would think with your numbers, you're a scholarship shoe-in.  I wasn't ever interested in UK since I don't want to work in-state.  If you haven't visited the law building, I would do so.  I personally think the building could double as a bomb shelter!  Best of Luck!

Lol...  His stats are auto-admit - and he should know that.  If he wanted to get a dialog about the school - there was a much better way to go about it.

Americanlaw10

• American WCL '10
    • AOL Instant Messenger - UKSoccer525
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - UKSoccer525
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 10:13:32 PM »

So are you the LSD police? I think you should take your own advice buddy...

See American thread

Lol...  His stats are auto-admit - and he should know that.  If he wanted to get a dialog about the school - there was a much better way to go about it.
Winner Chicken Dinner (Attending): American WCL!!!

Friday Night Drinking Club!!