Law School Discussion

Schools Get a Little Creepy...Explicit Details

Schools Get a Little Creepy...Explicit Details
« on: November 16, 2007, 12:44:24 PM »
This is creepy, if only because they reference my LSAT, UGPA, city....not to mention I'd never heard of them (though apparently they're accredited - http://www.fcsl.edu/admissions/accreditation/):

Dear rabbit9198,

My name is Steve Jones, and I'm the Director of Admissions at Florida Coastal School of Law. I was looking at your LSAC file today and noticed that that your LSAT score of 17x and 3.xx GPA and other academic accomplishments qualify you for admission to our January or August '08 entering class. Fortunately, we still have some scholarship funds available, and your LSAT and GPA qualify you for a merit scholarship in the amount of $15,000 to 20,000 per year.

Would you like to study in Jacksonville, a charming coastal city with wonderful weather? We have a lot of students from [insert my city here] and we'd love for you to join them.

I will be working tomorrow (Saturday) so feel free to reply to this email or give me a call at (xxx)xxx-xxxx so we can talk more about this opportunity.

Thank you,
Steve

My favorite part? Their slogan: "Celebrating a Decade of Excellence."

Re: Schools Get a Little Creepy...Explicit Details
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:45:42 PM »
This is creepy, if only because they reference my LSAT, UGPA, city....not to mention I'd never heard of them (though apparently they're accredited - http://www.fcsl.edu/admissions/accreditation/):

Dear rabbit9198,

My name is Steve Jones, and I'm the Director of Admissions at Florida Coastal School of Law. I was looking at your LSAC file today and noticed that that your LSAT score of 17x and 3.xx GPA and other academic accomplishments qualify you for admission to our January or August '08 entering class. Fortunately, we still have some scholarship funds available, and your LSAT and GPA qualify you for a merit scholarship in the amount of $15,000 to 20,000 per year.

Would you like to study in Jacksonville, a charming coastal city with wonderful weather? We have a lot of students from [insert my city here] and we'd love for you to join them.

I will be working tomorrow (Saturday) so feel free to reply to this email or give me a call at (xxx)xxx-xxxx so we can talk more about this opportunity.

Thank you,
Steve

I got the same one.  GET OUT OF MY HEAD, STEVE!

ghil04

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 12:48:51 PM »
I got the same thing, too.  It matched exactly what was on my LSN profile. 

Did anyone who'd fudged their #'s receive this e-mail? 

kirchner

• Yes, that is a Promise Keepers t-shirt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 12:51:17 PM »
Funny, I got it too.  They do have access to that info from LSAC, right? 

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »
I got the same thing, too.  It matched exactly what was on my LSN profile. 

Did anyone who'd fudged their #'s receive this e-mail? 

Wait, he referenced your fudged numbers?!

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »
Ditto on ghil's question. Ditto on the email (though they only said 12-15k for me).

They definitely got the information from LSAC because they know what state I live in.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:52:55 PM »
Florida Coastal Sent me express snail mail the second my lsats were posted last year, even tho it was like...late march, saying that they were luckily still accepting applications.  Princeton review has their avg stats as 2.6 - 148.  MOVIN ON UP TO THE EAST SIDE BABY

saradsun

• Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 12:54:12 PM »
LOL, I just got one too, and not to accuse the man of lying, but.... I really doubt they have "a lot of students from Nebraska."

Nebraskans that don't score highly on the LSAT can just stay in Nebraska and pay in state tuition of $9000/year.

kirchner

• Yes, that is a Promise Keepers t-shirt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 12:55:23 PM »
LOL, I just got one too, and not to accuse the man of lying, but.... I really doubt they have "a lot of students from Nebraska."

That's a f-ing hoot.  He did say the same about Michigan, too.  What a tool.

ghil04

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 12:57:17 PM »
Same with California.