Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone else not going complete?  (Read 1362 times)

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone else not going complete?
« on: November 15, 2007, 11:22:50 PM »
I submitted my last app over a month ago, and I am still not complete at a ton of places:

Berkeley, Chicago, Columbia (completion pending), Cornell (got second dean's cert email that said it won't hold up my application review...does this count as complete?), Duke, Harvard, Michigan, NYU, Penn, USC, Washington & Lee, WUSTL

And my NW status checker says I am complete as of 12/5... which unless I am more screwed up than I anticipated, is more than three weeks in the future.

This is the part where I hope I get a bunch of "Me too, don't worry" responses so that I can stop refreshing this site looking for a reason to believe that these schools don't hate me after all.  Commence!

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else not going complete?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 11:24:54 PM »
I'm not complete at most places

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:43:23 PM »
Do any of those schools require Dean's Cert besides W&L? I'm not complete there either but I know they're waiting to receive it from my school. As far as the Cornell email it sounds like you're complete. What does the status checker say?

Stanford, Cornell needed deans certs.  I think those were the only two I sent.  (Actually, funny story: My UG got my file mixed up with someone else's and actually sent a deans cert for me to a school I didn't apply to.  It's so hard to find good help these days.) 

Did W&L?  I don't think I sent one to them...

Cornell must have actually switched me to complete today.  My UG faxed a copy of the missing form, so maybe that is what did the trick?

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 11:51:08 PM »
Wow that story made me more paranoid than I already was about waiving my access to LORs and Dean's Certs. As it is i've been allowing at least a few days between mailing each dean's certification to my undergrad. I was worried they'd send Cornell's to BU, BU's to W&L, and so on. I wonder if the school would hold such a mistake against the applicant.

Yeah, I was kind of perturbed about it.  Cornell sent the original missing dean's cert email like 2 weeks after I gave the forms to my UG, so I emailed the woman in charge of sending it out.  She responded with a very curt "We sent your forms to schools X, Y and Z."  When I told her I didn't apply to school Z, her attitude changed.  Now we're BFFs.

MHLM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 07:40:44 AM »
I'm wondering about WUSTL...I received a letter from the school last week with a check list  saying they had all the mentioned items (personal statement, application & fee, conduct questions, signature), but there was no mention of being "complete". The letter explained that once my file is complete with the LSDAS report, it would be sent to the AdCom for review. It was unclear, however, whether they would be sending an additional letter/email to notify me of going complete. Does anyone know what the deal is...?

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 10:07:18 AM »
I'm not complete at W&L, but I applied to Berkeley about three weeks ago, and I've been complete for a decent amount of time. 

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 11:07:37 AM »
I'm not complete yet. Oh wait, thats because my LORs haven't been processed yet.
_______
.|E|R|S.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »
I'm still not complete At Cornell. I guess there goes my EA

rsr28

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 04:58:03 PM »
For any of you as lazy as me, I just printed out the Cornell certification form, typed a VERY brief memo to the Dean of Students, and dropped it in an interoffice envelope and sent it on its way to the DOS office.  I did this sometime in very early November, and my app is indeed complete for the EA deadline (November 15).

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 06:19:40 PM »
I gave the letter to the Dean the day after I applied to Cornell, which was around Oct. 20th