Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute  (Read 33454 times)

jjDar954

• View Profile
Re: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »
Other options are the Charles Hamilton Houston Program offered at G-Town law.  Its night classes for 6 weeks so u can work during the day.

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »
Good looks on the Gtown joint. I am really glad to see folks sharing critical info

ellenbee

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »
Has anyone NOT heard from CLEO yet? I am still awaiting some sort of response. I'd think by now they would be collecting deposits, etc. We'll see.
"Law school is like groundhog day. Every day is the same, you see the same people in the same places doing the same stuff every damn day. You get no feedback and basically pay 40K a year to teach yourself law and get harassed by professors. What a racket." - RonSantoRules

Crown Jewel

• Why settle for second place?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2008, 06:22:30 AM »
I haven't heard any thing yet.
I turned my appl. in on the dead line or atleast 1 day before...
Have you heard of anyone recieving a denial letter from CLEO?
Has any of the schools from the CLEO list contacted you for more information?

• Teach me more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2008, 09:49:11 AM »
Hey gang, I also submitted my application 1-2 days prior to the deadline, and I have not yet received a decision.  I faxed my acceptance letters to CLEO in mid March, and I was told that I should be receiving a decision during the first week of April. I called CLEO yesterday to ask when I should expect a decision, and the receptionist said that they are still reviewing applications, and I should receive a decision "sometime in April."  The wait continues... >:(

I have been denied admission into one of my CLEO schools and admitted into one of my CLEO Schools.  I have five CLEO schools pending, so I am curious to know how CLEO works with these schools to determine which schools will offer conditional admission to members of the Six-Week Institute.

MsMiami

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »

According to CLEO (I spoke to them on Tuesday) all decisions have been made and everyone should be notified the first week in April.  She basically told me that they had received 600-800 applications and all their decisions have already been made.

CLEO would not inform me how they make their decisions but she did say that they send out the letters to the schools the first week of March regarding your interest in their program.

I had the opportunity of speaking to some adcomms at CLEO sponsored schools and I was told that what CLEO does is send them out a list to nominate 1 person.  Often times the person nominated is not even accepted. 

With that said good luck and congratulations to all those who got in.

knownothing5

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2008, 08:56:37 AM »
Haven't heard anything yet either. I called thier offices and told me that everyone should be notified sometime this week since ms. williams was on vacation.
everyone is hearing something different i wonder what is really going on to hold up our responses.

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2008, 12:22:19 PM »
Totally forgot about CLEO, but just for the record, I haven't heard a response either.

I should also note, I wasn't accepted into any law school to which I applied (including rejections for conditional acceptance requests to member schools like Howard), so if some of you who haven't heard from CLEO are in the same boat, then it stands to reason that maybe the small percentage of people who go to CLEO to gain an acceptance to law school get in last.

Fortunately, I already have other options in place for stating a better case for law school next year. If you haven't already done so, highly recommended :)
"(s)he's arguing...(s)he's making an argument."

"...I'm so ready to promise my all & I'm so ready to give 'til the day that my life is no more... I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be...cause I'm ready to be like the olden days when commitment was golden" ~Chrisette Michele

• Teach me more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2008, 11:21:40 AM »
I just faxed CLEO an update, providing them with one rejection letter and two waitlists offers.  I was told that I should be receiving a decision within the next few weeks.  I wish you all luck, and I will continue to keep the board updated. 

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2008, 11:29:53 AM »
I just faxed CLEO an update, providing them with one rejection letter and two waitlists offers.  I was told that I should be receiving a decision within the next few weeks.  I wish you all luck, and I will continue to keep the board updated. 

Hey, so is this suppose to be the move. Is it your understanding we need to fax CLEO all our "CLEO" schools that have waitlisted, rejected and admitted us??