Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute  (Read 33442 times)

tweety63

• View Profile
Re: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2008, 07:48:51 PM »
Hey I got into CLEO on Jan 15 but what I hate is that they dont tell you which schools might accept you if you complete the program.  For those of you who are going to go to law schools in new york I would recommend taking the new york summer preperation course which is free. As for me dont know if I would go because its not just 2000 its 2000+airfare and transportation over there= me being broke. :'(

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2008, 08:19:50 PM »
yea man it is expensive.

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
It is really expensive!!!! I called schools last year and asked them for conditional admittances... I am applying to CLEO again..

tweety63

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »
Alright well after thinking about this and doing a lot of research I found some substantial evidence that proves that CLEO can get u into a good school because at the end of the program schools are still recruiting people, especially CLEO scholars.  I read this from DELoggio and from a newsletter from the thomas jefferson school that they are going to have the program at.  Dont know what I did with the article from TJ law but here is DeLoggio, who is always getting people into CLEO any which check it out:

http://www.deloggio.com/satisfid/2003.htm

hmm I think I will just pay the deposit even though LEO is free. ;)

BoRNnTHeUSA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2008, 12:09:19 AM »
Here's a quote from TJSL's new release archive. If you go to the school's website and type CLEO in the TJSL search field, you will find archive links with pictures, comments, etc.

At the start of the CLEO Summer Institute, twelve of the 48 students had yet to be accepted into a law school. After the program, 100 percent of the students have been accepted to law schools Ė and many of those who hadnít been accepted will be attending top ten or top twenty law schools. ďThatís phenomenal,Ē said Dean Kransberger of CAPís success rate.

http://www.tjsl.edu/cleo_comes_to_a_close

Congratulations to everyone with a acceptance!!  That's really spectacular news.

BnU
"I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, other-centered men can build up." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2008, 03:01:57 AM »
Hmmm I'm thinking about going again. Can anyone find a GOOD review about CLEO.  Can it really help me. I'm thinking that I need to prepare some if I'm going to UVA.

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »
It is really expensive!!!! I called schools last year and asked them for conditional admittances... I am applying to CLEO again..

Wow, which schools did you call, and did they grant the conditional admittances?

I informed my schools of my CLEO acceptance and intent to attend. But I'd feel a lot better about spending the 2k knowing that I have a law school to go to when I complete the program, as I haven't been accepted anywhere yet.
Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

shayee053

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2008, 11:58:44 AM »
Hmmm I'm thinking about going again. Can anyone find a GOOD review about CLEO.  Can it really help me. I'm thinking that I need to prepare some if I'm going to UVA.

Truth you are gettin in everywhere...thats awesome!!
"The greatest mistake of the movement has been trying to organize a sleeping people around specific goals. You have to wake the people up first, then you'll get action."
---Malcolm X

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »
U of Denver granted me a conditional admittance. I believe arizona was going to also, because I was on the waiting list and in July, Arizona requested my CLEO evaluationa twice...

4RE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2008, 01:16:28 PM »
Hey I got into CLEO on Jan 15 but what I hate is that they dont tell you which schools might accept you if you complete the program.  For those of you who are going to go to law schools in new york I would recommend taking the new york summer preperation course which is free. As for me dont know if I would go because its not just 2000 its 2000+airfare and transportation over there= me being broke. :'(
This price is what I am very concerned about.  It's expensive but I really want to be a competitive law school student.

Can you elaborate more on this NY summer course?  A link, perhaps?  I can't seem to find it on the CLEO page.  This would solve a lot of my problems: no fee, I live in NJ so no airfare...