Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute  (Read 33585 times)

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »
Unknown Scholar,

We are talking about the law school tuition scholarship, and not the institute scholarship.

tweety63

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2008, 08:02:58 PM »
Truth I dont know why your still responding to this thread if your not playing on attending CLEO, lol.

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2008, 08:05:46 PM »
I heard that many people are rewarded scholarships. I guess the biggest benefit that I will gain from CLEO is the alumni base. They have a huge alumni base consisting of judges, politicians etc.

Quetzal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
One of the additional benefits to being a CLEO scholar (according to their magazine) is the amount of additional training.  Apparently, they train you as a 1L on taking exams, as a 2L on interviewing, and as a 3L on passing the bar.

You'd be surprised how many people know about CLEO.  They've been around for something like 40 years.

(and now, I'll patiently wait for my endorsement check.. *sigh*) ;D

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2008, 07:19:59 PM »
I'm just now applying to CLEO.CLEO definately gives you a jump start on law school. Any advantage that I can get, I'll take.

latinaattorney

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2008, 04:16:55 PM »
did anyone get their location for the summer 6 week program? I received my location and I will be in Denver.

Quetzal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2008, 06:07:40 PM »
Yeah.. I got mine.  I was placed in Denver, but I already called them to let them know San Diego was better for me.  Hopefully they'll be able to change it!

I'm anxious to know about the schedule, curriculum, etc., but I guess we won't hear until April..

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2008, 11:24:52 AM »
I just contacted GWU regarding a conditional acceptance, pending my acceptance and a subsequent good performance in CLEO. they said they'd update my file with this info. Considering GW has had my application for more than 2 months, I figure this news can't hurt, even though they are only a "sustaining institution," whatever that means. With my numbers, I'd like to think any little bit helps.
"(s)he's arguing...(s)he's making an argument."

"...I'm so ready to promise my all & I'm so ready to give 'til the day that my life is no more... I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be...cause I'm ready to be like the olden days when commitment was golden" ~Chrisette Michele

4RE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »
Anyone hear back lately?  They requested my report on 1/15.

shayee053

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:34 PM »
So I decided not to go to the six week summer program but I think im gonna go to the attitude is essential three day thingy. Do you get some of the same perks as the summer institute such as the network or even the scholarships?
"The greatest mistake of the movement has been trying to organize a sleeping people around specific goals. You have to wake the people up first, then you'll get action."
---Malcolm X