Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute  (Read 32638 times)

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2008, 01:28:26 AM »
Not everyone receives the scholarship, and you can apply directly for the scholarship here - http://www.abanet.org/fje/losfpage.html

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2008, 01:33:28 AM »
i mean not everyone that attends CLEO receives the scholarship.

BoRNnTHeUSA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2008, 01:52:06 AM »
Not everyone receives the scholarship, and you can apply directly for the scholarship here - http://www.abanet.org/fje/losfpage.html

Thanks Truth, unfortunately for me its NEEDs Base:

"One of the primary criteria of the ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund is financial need."

"I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, other-centered men can build up." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2008, 02:06:51 AM »
This is the CLEO scholarship.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2008, 02:10:06 AM »
Unless going to the summer institute somehow exempts you from that requirement.

BoRNnTHeUSA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2008, 02:54:37 PM »
Truth, I'm still waiting to hear from CLEO.  However, is application to the ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship part of the CLEO acceptance process? 

I've applied to the ABA before but never to CLEO.  I didn't know the two were part of the same process (until recently, I didn't know it was the same org).

So, let me get this straight. After applying for CLEO, if you are accepted you must also apply for the ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship, right?  Additionally, everyone attending CLEO will not receive a scholarship, only those chosen for the ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship, right?  The ABA part is needs base and the CLEO part (attendance) can go either way (Need base - $200/Need but above max - $2000)?

"I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, other-centered men can build up." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »
that sounds right. I am not sure how the scholarship is decided for the people that attend CLEO, but the funds for the ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship come from the same place. They most likely do have different criteria. Being that I have already decided not to attend CLEO,  I never looked up how they decided who they give the scholarships to. What I do know, is that MOST people that attend the summer institute DO NOT receive the scholarship.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2008, 04:42:15 PM »
Well, the majority of people do not get the full $5,000 at least. I have heard that there are multiple scholarships. Also, the CLEO scholarship will not be matched by law schools like the Legal Opportunity one will.

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2008, 06:07:04 PM »
To apply for the scholarship ($200 for the summer institute) you have to fill out the financial aid sheet. They ask that you not fill out the financial aid sheet unless your parents make less than $40,000 and you make less than 22,500. So I'm deducing that those are the minimum qualifications for you to be considered for the aid.

Hope this helps.
"(s)he's arguing...(s)he's making an argument."

"...I'm so ready to promise my all & I'm so ready to give 'til the day that my life is no more... I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be...cause I'm ready to be like the olden days when commitment was golden" ~Chrisette Michele

BoRNnTHeUSA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2008, 06:23:18 PM »
Thanks Truth and UnknownScholar for the info.  It's good 2 know.  Truth, you'll be missed, but can I have your CLEO place.  :'(