Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute  (Read 33840 times)

OneL.ove

• Through his house...with the blue little window...
    • View Profile
Re: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2008, 11:48:45 AM »
yeah ... AIE ... sorry for the confusion.

I am curious though, when do the 6-week institutes start and end?

shayee053

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »
So..everyone I have been talking to says that law school summer prep stuff is not worth it. But i figured it would be fun to go to atl and network and all that good stuff. DO you think there will be time to hang out and have fun while we are at AIE or is it gonna be strictly business with only enough time at night to work on homework?? Any thoughts on this.

Also, what are the perks for being a CLEO alumni. Do we qualify for scholarship money down the line or anything like that? I cant remember.
"The greatest mistake of the movement has been trying to organize a sleeping people around specific goals. You have to wake the people up first, then you'll get action."
---Malcolm X

Pacavelli

• Ain't nothin to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »
So..everyone I have been talking to says that law school summer prep stuff is not worth it. But i figured it would be fun to go to atl and network and all that good stuff. DO you think there will be time to hang out and have fun while we are at AIE or is it gonna be strictly business with only enough time at night to work on homework?? Any thoughts on this.

Also, what are the perks for being a CLEO alumni. Do we qualify for scholarship money down the line or anything like that? I cant remember.

I hope to have fun in ATL.  After receiving the itinerary , I think that we will have time to do things other than homework.  However, the purpose of the program is to "simulate the rigors or law school."  Let's wish for the best!

As far as perks, I was told that CLEO members receive benefits like exam prep, bar Prep and additional employment/internship consideration.  I think that only the 6-wk summer instutute attendee's will be eligible for scholarship money.  Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Stereotypes of a black male misunderstood, but it's still all good.
-Christopher Wallace

ready4challenge

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2008, 05:46:06 PM »
Whoever said that the six week summer institute is not worth it must not have participated in it.  We are currently in week three of the program at the San Diego location and every moment has been worth it.  In addition to the courseload (which consists of only three classes), MANY co-curricular activities have been planned for us.  So far, we have visited the Federal District Courthouse and met with many Federal judges and attorneys.  This experience was beyond phenomenal.  We have been to many of the beautiful beaches here in SD, the clubs and local bars, opening receptions with local attorneys, and many more.  Additionally, we will be going on a boat cruise, a mixer at a top law firm, Padres baseball game, and many more.  The $2000 is NOTHING compared to the benefits received... yearly scholarships, free flights, food and hotel accomodations to attend academic enrichment & networking weekends for the next few years, bar prep scholarships, bar prep assistance, and a RICH ALUMNI NETWORK.  Additionally, you attend classes with your future colleagues in the legal profession, which means a lifetime friendship.  CLEO is an exceptional program.  Admission to the six week summer institute is highly competitive and highly sought after.  Only appr. 80 students are selected from the over 1,250 applicants.  However, if you are selected, the experience and the benefits are WELL WORTH IT.  I love CLEO....