Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute  (Read 33286 times)

ellenbee

• View Profile
Re: CLEO 2008 Summer Institute
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2008, 05:27:31 PM »
I am also waiting to hear from CLEO, but how does this work? So, if you're accepted to one of the law schools listed on the application, are you required to pay the traditional deposit on the spot? I've been accepted to a couple of schools, but it would be helpful to know if I got CLEO before the deposit deadlines roll around. The suspense is killing me! I have yet to hear from any of my CLEO schools. I'm taking this as a good sign. *Fingers crossed* 
"Law school is like groundhog day. Every day is the same, you see the same people in the same places doing the same stuff every damn day. You get no feedback and basically pay 40K a year to teach yourself law and get harassed by professors. What a racket." - RonSantoRules

4RE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »
I am also waiting to hear from CLEO, but how does this work? So, if you're accepted to one of the law schools listed on the application, are you required to pay the traditional deposit on the spot? I've been accepted to a couple of schools, but it would be helpful to know if I got CLEO before the deposit deadlines roll around. The suspense is killing me! I have yet to hear from any of my CLEO schools. I'm taking this as a good sign. *Fingers crossed* 

When you're accepted to CLEO, you have 2 weeks to send in a $200 deposit for CLEO.  The law school deposit is whenever it normally would be.

ready4challenge

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »
I was selected for the Six Week Summer Institute and will be participating in the SAN DIEGO location.  Any other San Diego attendees?

BigOleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »
I was selected for the Six Week Summer Institute and will be participating in the SAN DIEGO location.  Any other San Diego attendees?

I'll be attending the San Diego one too!! I heard from a friend who also did CLEO (in Pitt) that it's a great program. He had no regrets from it and it definitely helped him get into a law school. He had onl gotten into one when he attended the program, but later got into a tier 3 and then a tier 2 law school. He is now attending a pretty good school and recommended it to me very highly. I can't wait for the program. I know that I will take all the help I can before law school starts.

Quetzal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: February 29, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »
It's San Diego for me, too! I wonder if we need to get anything (law dictionary, readings) done before the Institute?  ???

tweety63

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2008, 11:18:19 PM »
Im going to cali toooooooo.  I was suppose to go to denver but asked to transfer cuz california is much more fun.

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2008, 02:44:28 AM »
But denver's facilities are much better....they have there own gym, library is three floors, bathrooms have showers in them...california will be more fun, but denvers facilities will be much better...

4RE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
I just got a WL to Fordham.  How do I go about getting CLEO to help me get an admittance?  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Fordham is a member school so I'd imagine this is to my benefit.

Any help?  Thanks.

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2008, 06:45:55 PM »
Have you notified Fordham that you were accepted to CLEO??

4RE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2008, 11:36:39 AM »
Yeah, but they didn't reply back.  What do you think I should do?  I might send them a letter via snail mail informing them of my WL and that I am going to CLEO this summer.