Re: Does Anyone Really Like Law School?
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »
<---- loves it

ProfessorPlum

• Georgetown Law 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 07:22:06 PM »
Law school is awesome.  I like it a lot more than I expected to.

Taking a quick survey of the two classmates who are here with me, they concur.  If you find reading the cases that set the standard for law is boring, you probably aren't going to enjoy the monotony of everyday practice (especially at a big firm).

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 07:44:05 PM »
i like law school. It has its downsides, and i'm looking forward to not working during winter break, but i generally really like it.

and yeah. the cases can be a lot of fun. it's often like reading the "off-beat news" section of CNN.

my classes are usually a lot of fun. literally every class we laugh quite a bit (I guess I don't count legal writing). How can you not love talking about "The Flopper"?

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 03:03:39 PM »
I love it.
Sometimes it is a b!tch, its true.  Our memo is due on monday, and at some point this week I was stting in the library at 10pm or so, working on the memo and kind of hating life.  But then I thought to myself "what the hell else would I rather be doing." and I couldn't really think of any place I would rather be ... yeah its hard, but it can be invigorating. 

latinlord

• Attorney at Law in Philadelphia Law Firm
    • View Profile
    • Fundraiser for Nephew who lost both parents
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 01:16:58 PM »
I love it!! It took me forever to get into a good school. Now i'm in my second year and the classes are getting more interesting. I'm reading Family law now.. I recommend it to anyone!! The cases are out of control interesting, it is like reading a Jerry Springer episode. haha.
  Yes law school is hard... And next semester it is going to be harder for me b/c i'm taking some tough courses. But at least i'm now with all of my three legal writing classes!! So all i have to do is read cases till my eyes hurt. haha Actually I kinda like writing briefs and contracts etc.... haha oh well. Half way done the degree this time next month!!! woop woop...

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
I love it, but then again, Cady shares her suckers with me.  ;)

School is SUCH a luxury--where else are you going to be in an environment that's solely about your personal development?  And you learn so much about the way the world works.  Like many others who worked before LS, I really appreciate the good thing I have here.

I'm mildly concerned that I won't enjoy Biglaw, since it seems like most people only complain about it.  But I loved working in the courts last summer, so if nothing else I can gun like crazy and try to be a judge one day. :)

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »
Hey dudes.  Total Rager here.  I've been working as a pharmaceutical sales rep for the past 5 years and I am really looking forward to law school, possibly for ALL of the wrong reasons.  It honestly seems like a way better way to spend my time than what I'm doing now considering I a) have NO passion for my work and b) work with a bunch of TOTAL DILDOS.  But, then again, I'm sure I could be completely impassionate about law school and go to school with the aforementioned dildos.  I'm just hoping to get done, find a gig where I can pay off my loans in a reasonable amount of time, and then try to find what I REALLY want to do with my JD.  Oh, and pot.  I'm looking forward to smoking pot again.  Random urine tests right now.  Weak.

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 06:46:51 PM »
Law school is rainbows and kittens and orange-flavored suckers! (Orange is my favorite)

That's what its like at your t14 school

They fly in the orange ones specially for me, because they know how much I like them.

And I didn't like how they looked on the silver platter, so they got a gold one for me.
The REAL answer to the tier 1 or tier 2 with money, steal the cutlery at your tier 1 to pay your tuition... *puts on baggy coat and visits New Haven*

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 08:07:57 PM »
What the hell is TITCR???

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 09:23:20 PM »
Law school is the bomb-diggity.