Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what should I do?  (Read 628 times)

west_2

• View Profile
    • Email
what should I do?
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:45:42 PM »
I asked this recommender back in May to write my rec. He agreed and I gave him my personal info he requested in August.  I told him I wanted to apply in September, so the sooner written the better. I never heard from him, and then in October went to his office (Im not even in school anyomre) and talked about the progress.  He said it was written and was on his secretaries desk for her to proofread.  Last week of October still nothing.  Made e-mails no response, and then had to go to his office again during the last days of October and he said he sent it off several days earlier.  Its middle of November and it's not in!!! 

Is it possible it got lost?  I dont know what to do now. It has been over 2 weeks since he sent it out.  Is that long enough to worry?  LSAC says 5-7 days to process.  I hope he saved his letter, so I could possible fax it in.  Oh this is driving me nuts!  This is my last piece, but he is my best recommender (My former professor/Judge/and law alumni at my school).  Anyone have any feedback of what could be going on?

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: what should I do?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:22:42 PM »
Ouch and I thought I had it bad.

I'm still waiting for a recommender to send in a letter too. I gave him the stuff a month ago and said I wanted to apply at the beginning of November. I sent off an email a week ago and no response.

I don't know what I would do in your shoes. You don't want to badger your professor. Do you need this letter to go complete or is it a fluff letter? If its fluff then its not quite as important. You can send in your application and when (and if) the letter ever gets sent and processed then it will go to the law school even after you've applied.

If its necessary to go complete I would consider asking another faculty member if they can write you a letter asap b/c when of your other recommenders told you at the last minute that they can't write one.
_______
.|E|R|S.

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:43:55 PM »
I asked this recommender back in May to write my rec. He agreed and I gave him my personal info he requested in August.  I told him I wanted to apply in September, so the sooner written the better. I never heard from him, and then in October went to his office (Im not even in school anyomre) and talked about the progress.  He said it was written and was on his secretaries desk for her to proofread.  Last week of October still nothing.  Made e-mails no response, and then had to go to his office again during the last days of October and he said he sent it off several days earlier.  Its middle of November and it's not in!!! 

Is it possible it got lost?  I dont know what to do now. It has been over 2 weeks since he sent it out.  Is that long enough to worry?  LSAC says 5-7 days to process.  I hope he saved his letter, so I could possible fax it in.  Oh this is driving me nuts!  This is my last piece, but he is my best recommender (My former professor/Judge/and law alumni at my school).  Anyone have any feedback of what could be going on?

If he is sending it from a campus that has a centralized mail system, that will add a few extra days to the processing time.  I know my UG's mail system is super slow, and they lose things.  If I were you, I would stop by his office, get another copy and FexEx it to LSAC.  Then you will have it processed in a few days.

insomniac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
Or just have him fax a copy to LSAC. Mine went through in a day or less