Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American WCL 1L Taking Questions  (Read 10330 times)

Americanlaw10

• American WCL '10
    • AOL Instant Messenger - UKSoccer525
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - UKSoccer525
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: American WCL 1L Taking Questions
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2008, 04:11:52 AM »
Hello, im glad I found this post since American is my top choice so far. I know this post is old but I have a few questions about American…

How much should I expect to pay for housing off campus whit a roommate?

Does the school assist in people finding roommates or am I on my own?

Is it better/cheaper to live on or off campus?

Is there an accepted students day?

Thank you very much for making this thread.

*It's all a matter of your priority.  I know people that pay anywhere from $750-$1350/mo.  Just depends on your budget and where you want to live.  Furthermore, you can expect to pay less rent with more room-mates.

*As far as the DC market is concerned, rentals move quickly.  You should start looking no sooner than 5-6 weeks before you plan to move.  Trust me, I know that seems to put a squeeze on things; but people will not even consider you if you're looking for something 2 months in advance.  Therefore, in June (I believe), the school will hold a "Housing Conference."  This is a good way to meet people - and the school will have administrators there to help you search out areas. 

*Another thing the school does for you, is an admitted student's blog.  It'll be set up by somebody in admissions, and you'll have access to it - along with other admitted students.  It has message boards; and more specifically, a board for those seeking a room-mate.

*Yes, there is an admitted students day.  If IIRC, there were a couple events for admitted students...

*On campus housing is limited for graduate students.  To be fair, I don't think they offer any to law students (though, I'm not 100% sure).  So I wouldn't really consider living on campus.
Winner Chicken Dinner (Attending): American WCL!!!

Friday Night Drinking Club!!

shubunk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »
Hello, im glad I found this post since American is my top choice so far. I know this post is old but I have a few questions about American…

How much should I expect to pay for housing off campus whit a roommate?

Does the school assist in people finding roommates or am I on my own?

Is it better/cheaper to live on or off campus?

Is there an accepted students day?

Thank you very much for making this thread.

*It's all a matter of your priority.  I know people that pay anywhere from $750-$1350/mo.  Just depends on your budget and where you want to live.  Furthermore, you can expect to pay less rent with more room-mates.

*As far as the DC market is concerned, rentals move quickly.  You should start looking no sooner than 5-6 weeks before you plan to move.  Trust me, I know that seems to put a squeeze on things; but people will not even consider you if you're looking for something 2 months in advance.  Therefore, in June (I believe), the school will hold a "Housing Conference."  This is a good way to meet people - and the school will have administrators there to help you search out areas. 

*Another thing the school does for you, is an admitted student's blog.  It'll be set up by somebody in admissions, and you'll have access to it - along with other admitted students.  It has message boards; and more specifically, a board for those seeking a room-mate.

*Yes, there is an admitted students day.  If IIRC, there were a couple events for admitted students...

*On campus housing is limited for graduate students.  To be fair, I don't think they offer any to law students (though, I'm not 100% sure).  So I wouldn't really consider living on campus.

Thnaks for the answers. ;D I have one more question...

Does the school invite you to the blog or is it already setup?

Thanks A lot! This info is very helpful. :D

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2008, 10:41:30 PM »
my ex is living near the main campus in a house in a room with her own bathroom, etc. for 550 a month.