Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Group Interview  (Read 1750 times)

michigander

• View Profile
Georgetown Group Interview
« on: November 13, 2007, 05:13:19 PM »
I'm attending a "group interview" that Georgetown is conducting with my school with the GULC Dean of Admissions. I have been told that I cannot prepare, and that we will be doing a "group activity" that will last an hour. Any idea what I'm in for?

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Georgetown Group Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »
My only advice is this. If the Dean asks who would do practically anything to be accepted DO NOT go into the back room with him if he suggests so. Three years of therapy and an endless bottle of Prozac won't bring you back.
_______
.|E|R|S.

ihatechoosingusernames

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »
Don't stress out about it...he set our group up like an admissions committee and asked us various hypotheticals, there really is no way to prepare for it. Some people were dressed fairly casually (even in shorts) others wore suits.

michigander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 05:32:26 PM »
what kind of hypotheticals? Like about yourself or about legal situations or what?

i'm not really stressed, but would like not to be blindsided :)

edaze

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 06:36:57 PM »
Andy gave us the hypo that he had been fired, and that our group was selected to choose admissions policies for the upcoming cycle. The debate centered, first, on how to weigh the LSAT/GPA, and second on how legacies and URMS should be treated.

IT was a great interview. He remembered me from it; he wrote that on my acceptance letter.

ihatechoosingusernames

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 06:39:55 PM »
not sure if my previous reply posted...but I had the interview this year and he asked us essentially they same questions the previous poster mentioned.