Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: recommendation reaching school before my app?  (Read 641 times)

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
recommendation reaching school before my app?
« on: November 12, 2007, 01:30:40 PM »
Is this a problem? If my teacher's recommendation to a school is sent there before I have sent in my own materials?  or will the file be started anyway?
seeing king midas everywhere.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: recommendation reaching school before my app?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:27:07 PM »
I would call or email the school's admission's office. They might setup a file for you before your application arrives to deal with your letters.

Anyway I wish I had that problem... I'm having the oppose one right now. I'm ready to send (and have sent a few) applications but my recommendations haven't been processed yet and one of my recommenders hasn't even sent it to LSAC yet despite being 5 weeks after I gave him the stuff. Sent an email last week... no reply. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to badger them with another email or what to do.
_______
.|E|R|S.

insomniac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 06:14:38 PM »
I sent in Dean's Certifications two months before my apps, and they appear to have kept them/started a file as I went complete without issue.
I suspect that the same holds true for LOR. But you could call and check if your complete seems to be taking a long time

gclemen1

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:41:32 AM »
I would call or email the school's admission's office. They might setup a file for you before your application arrives to deal with your letters.

Anyway I wish I had that problem... I'm having the oppose one right now. I'm ready to send (and have sent a few) applications but my recommendations haven't been processed yet and one of my recommenders hasn't even sent it to LSAC yet despite being 5 weeks after I gave him the stuff. Sent an email last week... no reply. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to badger them with another email or what to do.

Alot of times you gotta ask the prof. several times.  I had to ask one like 4 times before he finally replied and said it was done!