Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory Law Implodes, Becomes Infinitely Dense Mass of TTT-Dom  (Read 9913 times)

Re: Emory Law Implodes, Becomes Infinitely Dense Mass of TTT-Dom
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 02:38:23 AM »
I think Emory is off my list after reading this.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »
Dear Emory,

I do not care if you are TTT right now.  Just accept me.

Thanks.

Desperation is a stinky cologne.
Air Force JAG Corps

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 04:01:01 PM »
tag

remiz22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »
tag

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 03:14:39 PM »
have we heard anything from emory students about this?

aguyingeorgia

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 07:29:38 PM »
I've gotten s negative impression of the school during my visit and communications.  Somewhat cold... and I am above their medians lol
NYU 2011

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »

From what I have heard from my 1L Emory friend, some firms are not going to be continuing OCI - but the number is small - and most students get their jobs elsewhere anyways.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »

From what I have heard from my 1L Emory friend, some firms are not going to be continuing OCI - but the number is small - and most students get their jobs elsewhere anyways.

And your 1L Emory friend knows this how?  And what was the reason?

The person who's replaced the woman who left in the OCS is highly competent, and had a fantastic reputation in Atlanta.  People leave for jobs all the time, and they get replaced.  It happened at the best possible time (fall OCI was pretty much done, spring OCI was months away).  And even if she was asked to leave, you can be sure that the administration is ensuring their students get what they need from OCS.  As a 3L, I'm not all that bothered for the reason - transparency is one thing, privacy is another.  If there was a personal reason, or something like that, I don't think it's the school's business to broadcast that to every Emory community member.

Employers hire from Emory because the students that come out of the school are quality students.  They don't hire because of some change ups in the OCS.  The faculty is improving, the school is taking active steps to fill in gaps in the course offerings, and the quality of the education is high.

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »

And your 1L Emory friend knows this how?  And what was the reason?

The person who's replaced the woman who left in the OCS is highly competent, and had a fantastic reputation in Atlanta.  People leave for jobs all the time, and they get replaced.  It happened at the best possible time (fall OCI was pretty much done, spring OCI was months away).  And even if she was asked to leave, you can be sure that the administration is ensuring their students get what they need from OCS.  As a 3L, I'm not all that bothered for the reason - transparency is one thing, privacy is another.  If there was a personal reason, or something like that, I don't think it's the school's business to broadcast that to every Emory community member.

Employers hire from Emory because the students that come out of the school are quality students.  They don't hire because of some change ups in the OCS.  The faculty is improving, the school is taking active steps to fill in gaps in the course offerings, and the quality of the education is high.

Thank you for your input. It's good to hear some 1st hand experience.

AVilma

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »
Seems like www.emorylawstudent.com has been pretty accurate. Sad because Atlanta is such a great city.