Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory Law Implodes, Becomes Infinitely Dense Mass of TTT-Dom  (Read 9743 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Air Force JAG Corps

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
Re: Emory Law Implodes, Becomes Infinitely Dense Mass of TTT-Dom
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 10:57:30 AM »
http://www.abovethelaw.com/2007/11/whats_going_on_at_emory_law_sc.php

ATL's coverage of the decline of Emory Law

that's certainly very troubling (and makes me glad I didn't chose to take the scholarship at Emory), but you assume any set backs are the "decline" of a certain school. I don't think that's true in this case.

daemonsan

• Segue
    • AOL Instant Messenger - daemonsan
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 11:38:32 AM »
I have HAD IT with these MOTHERF%#$ING SNAKES in this MOTHERF^%$ING DECLINING LAW INSTITUTION

Ahh, comments sections...
3.0 UGPA (3.08-3.1 expected at Graduation)
LSAT: 163
URM - Mex./Cau.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=daemonsan

elvis25

• It's not that big of a decision
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 12:40:28 PM »
wow. I had heard from some friends that things were pretty bad there, but I didn't realize it had gotten so toxic
My most important life info:

3.65 GPA & 165 LSAT

gclemen1

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 01:28:43 PM »
Is Emory really that Bad???  I am seriously considering it, and this is the first Ive heard of problems from there!

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 03:56:58 PM »
This is a pretty crappy thing to happen right now.  Career office getting FUBARed in the middle of hiring season.

Emory's reputation shouldn't take much of a hit - maybe a few employers will have a bad experience this year - but nothing major.

There have been quite a few negative student reports coming out of the school for a while now...

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »
Holy *&^%. I mean...wow, this is really pretty unbelievable. I am near not even bothering to apply now...it started with the woman at a law fair yesterday from Emory and her being extremely rude and unwelcoming. I felt like she just didn't want to talk to me.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

elvis25

• It's not that big of a decision
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 10:24:19 PM »
Holy sh*t. I mean...wow, this is really pretty unbelievable. I am near not even bothering to apply now...it started with the woman at a law fair yesterday from Emory and her being extremely rude and unwelcoming. I felt like she just didn't want to talk to me.

I think I met the same woman at my law fair. She just gave one word answers and left her booth unattended for half the time I was there. I thought the idea was to entice people into applying- not to deter them.
My most important life info:

3.65 GPA & 165 LSAT

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 10:32:05 PM »
This is really not a huge deal
I would even venture to say that this is one of the better times this could happen
I would assume their OCI is long over, and 1Ls do a lot of their own job searching.
The director's biggest time of the year is probably over the summer, coordinating various interview sessions and getting new employers to come to the school.  This honestly might be as convenient a time as any to peace-out
Now, it was kind of abrupt, this is true, but maybe there was a just a great opportunity somewhere else that this dean wanted to jump on
Also, don't forget to read the dean of the law school's response, which was sent directly to David Lat, showing just how much influence this guy is starting to build.
http://www.abovethelaw.com/2007/11/whats_going_on_at_emory_law_sc_1.php#more
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...