Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I HATE RC  (Read 1080 times)

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I HATE RC
« on: November 07, 2007, 02:08:27 PM »
i used to be so good at it!! now that i've finally improved in LR and LG, i've gone downhill in this area!! anyone else experience this????  just took a p-test and while i was thrilled to get only 4 wrong in all LR and LG... i missed six in the RC!!!!  what's so frustrating is at this point there is obviously a HUGE difference between getting these six right or wrong!!!  what do i do?????? is there such a thing as doing "drills" for RC? do them over and over again?? i feel like i just have to re-vamp my approach. ahhhhhhhhhh!
seeing king midas everywhere.

GamePhase

• View Profile
Re: I HATE RC
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 03:14:08 PM »
Maybe you just need to slow down a bit on RC questions. They're usually easy questions, but if you go into then with the same high speed rhythm that you've developed for LG and LR then you might think they're easier than they really are.

Dizzle

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ahhsprewyou
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:36:23 PM »
i used to be so good at it!! now that i've finally improved in LR and LG, i've gone downhill in this area!! anyone else experience this????  just took a p-test and while i was thrilled to get only 4 wrong in all LR and LG... i missed six in the RC!!!!  what's so frustrating is at this point there is obviously a HUGE difference between getting these six right or wrong!!!  what do i do?????? is there such a thing as doing "drills" for RC? do them over and over again?? i feel like i just have to re-vamp my approach. ahhhhhhhhhh!

I'm with you on this...

I am not happy.

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 04:50:57 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  Missed 3 on the other sections combined, and 8 on RC on a practice test I took last weekend.  I have NO idea what the problem is, I was only missing around 3 before.

Beurre

• Sr. Citizen
  • coming soon,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 05:51:28 PM »

giveme170

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 02:10:51 AM »
RC improvement is so slow. I wish I could just have 3 LR and 1 LG sections. That would make this entire thing so much easier for me.  :D

LSAT All Star

• Sr. Citizen
  • Keeping it simple
    • View Profile
    • All Star Test Prep
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 03:44:44 PM »
Is there a consistency to the questions you are missing?  Are they the questions about the form of the argument or the conclusions which are/can be drawn?
Visit us at allstartestprep.com

Marko

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 06:42:10 AM »
you could be over studying. usually when people accuse me of overstudying i think they're full of *&^% but lately i think it makes sense. overstudying is when you study so much by looking at details (for example how do i improve on main point questions) and you have all these streategies on how to read and approach questions, that you begin to forget the fundamentals. read each paragraph as if it's a LR stimulus. look out for structure. look for author's perspective, compare and contrats, and distinctions.
"Miss McElroy says I can do better than B's and C's, but I've decided to stop doing homework and spend the next 15 years studying for the LSAT."

giveme170

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »
you could be over studying. usually when people accuse me of overstudying i think they're full of sh*t but lately i think it makes sense. overstudying is when you study so much by looking at details (for example how do i improve on main point questions) and you have all these streategies on how to read and approach questions, that you begin to forget the fundamentals. read each paragraph as if it's a LR stimulus. look out for structure. look for author's perspective, compare and contrats, and distinctions.

Very good one.

lalalagirl007

• Sr. Citizen
  • fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 06:18:02 PM »
I agree with the OP. What else can we do to improve in RC?