Law School Discussion

Tulane??

Tulane??
« on: March 16, 2004, 08:00:50 AM »
Can someone please give me some advice on tulane??
   I would like to know more about the school.. It was one of my safeties and the only one i've gained admission at so far!!

a little stressed...

kad

Re: Tulane??
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 03:47:01 PM »
I'm from NEw Orleans, Tulane is a great place to go to law school from what I understand.  I'm seriously considering going there as the only other comprable school I've gotten into so far has been Wake and the placement statistics from Tulane are more impressive (icluding $100,000 average starting salary in the private sector after graduation) and the fact that they've given me money...hope this helps

cc1t

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 06:48:16 PM »
I went to the accepted students visiting day, the only other visiting day I went to that I can compare it to is Florida State, and from it, they seemed to be much more concerened with your job placement coming out of School, even from your first year, and also on getting internships during your 1st and 2nd summer.  They had a great moot court team, or at least it seemed from their presentation, and a laid back atmosphere when it came to the student body. 

If you haven't been to the campus, it's really nice, and a decent place to spend your next three years.

Re: Tulane?? + new question
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 09:18:07 AM »
I would second everything the previous posters said and add a couple of things: Tulane has noted programs in several interesting areas of law (int'l., maritime, environmental, sports), and it also has a reputation for being a very palatable intellectual environment...smart folks interested in learning balanced by their location/proximity to the divine pleasures of the city of New Orleans.

It's my first choice...application has been complete since early Feb. but still no word and I'm kinda sweatin' it.

For those already accepted, where were your numbers? Heard anything on their application load this year, change in their normal range of acceptance?

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 09:48:28 AM »
eclecteaux,

I'm in the same boat as you.  I thought I would have been accepted by now but I'm still waiting.  I'm in at Wake but I prefer Tulane.  My numbers are 3.26, 164. Good luck.

kad

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 10:17:54 AM »
Drewpac, I had the same numbers as you...i got into wake relatively quickly and into tulane early feb...when did you send your app in? i sent mine in early december.
are you going to the wake open house?

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 11:03:45 AM »
I'm 162/3.3, 7 years WE. My app. was complete early Feb.

I spoke to Admissions Office this morning and learned that my app. status was 'in review.'

Now debating whether to fax in a letter reiterating my interest in the school. Girl in the admissions office recommended doing it quickly if I'm going to...

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 11:19:27 AM »
do it.  what harm can it do?

ebrumm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 11:51:34 AM »
yeah especially if it was suggested by someone in the admissions office --- why not do it?

camelbx

• 164/2.95
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 12:47:54 PM »
I've been complete since 12/1; how can it take 4+ months to decide?
2.95/164