Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LR Bible worth it at this point?  (Read 597 times)

GamePhase

• View Profile
LR Bible worth it at this point?
« on: November 06, 2007, 08:27:03 PM »
I decided late to take the LSAT in December 1. I've been studying the Games bible but haven't finished it. Is it worth it to spend $65 on the LR bible at this point and try to breeze through it, or should I just go for practice tests? Other recommendations are welcome.

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
Re: LR Bible worth it at this point?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:21:44 PM »
I bought both LG and LR bibles and am going to do a sheitload of practice  tests as well. I'm already well into the LG bible after two days and it's awesome. The LR bible is massive, though.

I have nothing else to do between now and Dec. 1, though, so...

I should probably find more practice tests, in any case.

ProfessorPlum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Georgetown Law 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:14:55 AM »
Buy it and work on your weakest LR areas.
hoia saxa

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:08:57 AM »
The LR bible is well worth it. Call out sick and spend a day with it if you need to, but if you get through it and have enough time to apply it in practice tests, it will pay off.

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »
I found the LR Bible to be a great book. Not as profoundly effective as the Games Bible (for me), but still extremely precise and methodically planned.

It's huge though, to get through it all took about 3-5 days of serious studying. There's no magic bullet in it, just a lot of good advice and handful of really good techniques to apply in certain situations. You can resell it on ebay for pretty much the same price you buy it at, so I wouldn't worry about the cost too much.

lostsailor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »
I'd have to say it depends on your study techniques and speed you can learn complex topics. The LR bible is massive, and it took me forEVER to plow through it, and I'm still going to have to go through it again. I'm almost done with the LG bible, and comparatively, I'm tearing through it. MUCH simpler and faster, for me.

I'd still recommend buying it, as it's valuable, and I'd think you will need to learn techniques from somewhere, if at least for the types of problems that repeatedly give you trouble. I wouldn't plan on breezing through it, though. It's not a quick read.

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »
Buy it and work on your weakest LR areas.

Agreed.  That's the strategy I pursued, and it helped me out a good bit on the particular type of LR question I had trouble doing.  Just use it in conjunction with your practice tests, and you should do well. 

GamePhase

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 01:39:56 PM »
Hey, thanks to all for the replies. I ordered it along with the Next 10 prep test book. I'll hopefully have at least two weeks that I can dedicate to full time LSAT studying, so I think I can get at least some benefit out of it.