View
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Second Thoughts

->Soon

• View Profile
Second Thoughts
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:41:55 PM »
now that its actually time to submit the apps, anyone else having second thoughts?

gclemen1

Re: Second Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:22:25 PM »
I would not have gone through any of this torture if I had ANY thought whatsoever about not going to law school.!

saradsun

• Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »
I'm not having second thoughts about law school, but rather the idea of moving. I've been in the same house for 13 years, its hard to think about leaving.

Originally, I was just going to go to a local law school, but once I started reading here, and scored well on the LSAT, I and my family decided that its worth it for me to look at moving.

We're pretty much decided to give it a go, but like on Halloween, I thought, this is the last time I'll be taking my children trick or treating in this neighborhood.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:24:27 PM »
Hitting submit is the easy part.  If there were any times to have second thoughts, I would've had them studying for the LSAT or writing personal statements, diversity statements, etc.

iLukeisamazing

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:25:47 PM »
I'm not having second thoughts about law school, but rather the idea of moving. I've been in the same house for 13 years, its hard to think about leaving.

Originally, I was just going to go to a local law school, but once I started reading here, and scored well on the LSAT, I and my family decided that its worth it for me to look at moving.

We're pretty much decided to give it a go, but like on Halloween, I thought, this is the last time I'll be taking my children trick or treating in this neighborhood.

No second thoughts on whether I want to go to law school, just second thoughts about whether I should have redone my PS or something?

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:57:47 PM »
You have to give the LSAT credit: whether before or after they see their scores, it really does dissuade indecisive applicants from attending law school.

So, oddly enough, I'm thankful for it.

This is so true.  I know so many people who were considering law school until they took the LSAT and got their scores back.  It's amazing how a 3 hour test can MAKE or BREAK you.  I feel so blessed to have done fairly well and possibly get into a great school.

just dot

• I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 05:38:38 AM »
I'm having HORRIBLE second thoughts about the money.  I'm so terrified to put my family into debt and then graduate and only make $40,000 a year.  If my choice for law school was totally free it would be a no-brainer.  Think UF will give me a full scholly?  (Naah, I didn't think so either.  Here's to hoping!)

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 05:59:03 AM »
I'm having HORRIBLE second thoughts about the money.  I'm so terrified to put my family into debt and then graduate and only make $40,000 a year. 

definitely thinking about this.. I've never been more than about $400 in debt. granted, I have no one to support but myself but wow is that a lot of money to owe...

My second thought of the day is that I might take the February LSAT, depending on how things turn out in the first month or so of this cycle.  I was significantly below my practice range in September.  So I feel like I have an ace in the hole if I get shut out of the places I want to be.

Especially if I get on a couple of waitlists and want to get off of them, a newer score certainly couldn't hurt.  So, that's my second thought.

thought about this too. Really kicking myself for taking June considering how many people seemed to score much better in september.

rsr28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 07:00:59 AM »
The only thing I have second thoughts about is not re-taking in September.  Then again, I really wouldn't have had time to study and actually make sure I improve my score so I'm not sure I should be upset about that.  The only alternative would be to wait until the 08-09 cycle and take time off from school/work/everything and study for a few months.  I find that option unacceptable.

So in short, while I wish I had a chance to study more and re-take, I feel pretty good about the way I've gone about everything.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 07:07:04 AM »
I'm thinking of pursuing a JD/PhD, and I'm having second thoughts about that...maybe I should just stick with a JD and do my PhD when I'm ready to take a break from my career.  I think this is the kind of thing that will work itself out, though.