Law School Discussion

......... OBAMA.! HOPE! WINS!

Re: BLACK people are IGNORANT...we gonna support a WHITE woman? over a BROTHER?
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 07:08:08 AM »
I'm not "gonna" support Anybody.  I'm going to support the best candidate--and at this point, that's whomever receives the democratic nomination.  End of story.

really?? the best? explain that.

My reasoning should be reversed but I edited it to reflect how I really feel. hth.

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 07:29:20 AM »
I'm not "gonna" support Anybody.  I'm going to support the best candidate--and at this point, that's whomever receives the democratic nomination.  End of story.

really?? the best? explain that.

My reasoning should be reversed but I edited it to reflect how I really feel. hth.

Interesting. Seems like you have a lot of blind faith in the primary process.

daemonsan

• Segue
    • AOL Instant Messenger - daemonsan
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 07:37:57 AM »
/clicks on his LSD bookmark

/sees this title on the front page for 'Recent Threads'

/clicks

/wtf...

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 08:38:18 AM »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qggO5yY7RAo

we gonna vote for that?

as an african american aye am puzzled by some n..gz fervor for CLINTON...BUMBLECLOTS!!

black folk are being bamboozled into thinking that bill clinton will be back in office...and on their side.

WRONG

if black folk think that hiliary clinton is THEIR candidate...because she is looking out for black folk...they deserve every set-back they get when the plantation missa sets up court in her WHITE house...

black folk got a chance to make some history by putting a brother in the WHITE house...it can happen...obama is just a senator...not a governor...but kennedy did it...he was just a senator...

why can't black people realize that the white man is pullin' the con...

but perhaps a friend of mine is right...black people talk like a black man can run the country...but when it comes to ACTION black folks get nothing done...lets make the white house clear for african americans and a real chance for an african american to RUN the show...

haven't black people had enough of bush-clinton years...

how about OBAMA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qggO5yY7RAo

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -
  --  Abraham Lincoln

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 10:24:38 AM »
Black people are ignorant if they support a black man because he's black over a white person who will really protect their interests. I don't think having Clarence Thomas on the Court has done us anything but harm.

(Of course BO is certainly no Clarence Thomas, but support him because you think he's the best, not because he's black. By that same logic women should support HRC because she's one of them...so Barack would lose.)

titcr

Shark Week

• officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »
Black people are ignorant if they support a black man because he's black over a white person who will really protect their interests. I don't think having Clarence Thomas on the Court has done us anything but harm.

(Of course BO is certainly no Clarence Thomas, but support him because you think he's the best, not because he's black. By that same logic women should support HRC because she's one of them...so Barack would lose.)

qfmft

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 11:28:45 AM »

I'm not sure where you were gonna go or going with this  :D

And I support BO b/c, among other things, I like his plans for the 2 things that matter to me the most.  The war and health care.  I'm not one of those blind voters that just vote a certain way b/c their party tells 'em to.  And as much as I'd like to see a black prez, I want the right guy so that he doesn't make a fool of us.  I'm not gonna vote for Pookie down @ the OTB because he's black and decides to run for Prez.  No, there are larger issues at stake.  The fact that BO is black is nice; the icing on the cake.  The fact that I agree with his politics is the reason why I'm voting for him.  And I would like if he had more "washington experience" but I think that negative could be turned into a positive- he'd bring something fresh.  He's not tainted by whatever the heck's in the water down in DC that makes our more recent politicians ineffective.   

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »

And I support BO b/c, among other things, I like his plans for the 2 things that matter to me the most.  The war and health care.  I'm not one of those blind voters that just vote a certain way b/c their party tells 'em to.  And as much as I'd like to see a black prez, I want the right guy so that he doesn't make a fool of us.  I'm not gonna vote for Pookie down @ the OTB because he's black and decides to run for Prez.  No, there are larger issues at stake.  The fact that BO is black is nice; the icing on the cake.  The fact that I agree with his politics is the reason why I'm voting for him.  And I would like if he had more "washington experience" but I think that negative could be turned into a positive- he'd bring something fresh.  He's not tainted by whatever the heck's in the water down in DC that makes our more recent politicians ineffective.   

i agree...but what the heck is "washington experience" and who has it?

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 11:35:54 AM »

well i think most ppl on the washington presidential tract are govs some place not senators.   

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 11:54:40 AM »

well i think most ppl on the washington presidential tract are govs some place not senators.   

Besides Huckabee, Richardson and Romney, who? That's 3 out of 20-something.