Law School Discussion

......... OBAMA.! HOPE! WINS!

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
......... OBAMA.! HOPE! WINS!
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:52:13 PM »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qggO5yY7RAo

we gonna vote for that?

as an african american aye am puzzled by some n..gz fervor for CLINTON...BUMBLECLOTS!!

black folk are being bamboozled into thinking that bill clinton will be back in office...and on their side.

WRONG

if black folk think that hiliary clinton is THEIR candidate...because she is looking out for black folk...they deserve every set-back they get when the plantation missa sets up court in her WHITE house...

black folk got a chance to make some history by putting a brother in the WHITE house...it can happen...obama is just a senator...not a governor...but kennedy did it...he was just a senator...

why can't black people realize that the white man is pullin' the con...

but perhaps a friend of mine is right...black people talk like a black man can run the country...but when it comes to ACTION black folks get nothing done...lets make the white house clear for african americans and a real chance for an african american to RUN the show...

haven't black people had enough of bush-clinton years...

how about OBAMA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qggO5yY7RAo

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
shouldnt this be on your other thread?

anyway,  it isn't only up to us.  And the voting population likes experience, Obama, (who I personally support; particularly because he has actual practical plans for hc and Iraq) doesn't have a whole lot of it.  The voting pop isn't just gonna vote for him because he's black.  Because even if Clinton wins, it'll be a "social change" having a woman in office for the first (really 2nd, lol) time.   

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile

anyway,  it isn't only up to us.  And the voting population likes experience, Obama, (who I personally support; particularly because he has actual practical plans for hc and Iraq) doesn't have a whole lot of it.  The voting pop isn't just gonna vote for him because he's black.  Because even if Clinton wins, it'll be a "social change" having a woman in office for the first (really 2nd, lol) time.   

By "experience" you must mean "experience in Washington DC politics" because he does have years of experience as a state legislator and civil rights attorney/activist before showing up in DC.

And that's not the real reason why I've heard most black folk quote as their #1 reason for not voting for Obama.  The vast majority of black people who are not voting for Obama it seems have voiced that will not vote for Obama because they strongly believe that a black man can not win the presidency in 2008 - therefore they don't want to vote for him because others may not vote for him.  A sort of ironic, self-fulfilling prophecy if you will.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile

By "experience" you must mean "experience in Washington DC politics" because he does have years of experience as a state legislator and civil rights attorney/activist before showing up in DC.

And that's not the real reason why I've heard most black folk quote as their #1 reason for not voting for Obama.  The vast majority of black people who are not voting for Obama it seems have voiced that will not vote for Obama because they strongly believe that a black man can not win the presidency in 2008 - therefore they don't want to vote for him because others may not vote for him.  A sort of ironic, self-fulfilling prophecy if you will.

yep that's what I was referring by lack of experience; he's a senator not a governor, etc, etc.  Most ppl realized his existence when he made that one speech. (I think that was in 2004).

Agreed on the main reason why some black folks say they wouldnt vote for him in reality.  But if you asked those particular folks on their voting in years past, I'd think you'd find that they have not been consistent.  Meaning,  the majority of those folks aren't voting period.  It is a self-fulfilling prophecy, an unfortunate one, one that also perpetuates the 2 party system.  I think their reasoning indicates a lack of political understanding.  So I think black ppl with political understanding may not vote for Obama b/c of the "lack of (washington) experience"         

playaj

• AOL Instant Messenger - jonb8305
    • View Profile
    • Email
I usually don't speak about who I vote for, but I am sort of a role model around this female dog so maybe i can influence others.

I will be voting for Obama. HTH.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
I usually don't speak about who I vote for, but I am sort of a role model around this female dog so maybe i can influence others.

:D :D :D

this is why i heart playaj.  hilariously random 

playaj

• AOL Instant Messenger - jonb8305
    • View Profile
    • Email
ty :-*

:D :D :D

this is why i heart playaj. hilariously random

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
I don't like this thread title. I'm supporting Obama because he's the best candidate. Him being black is just a plus for me.

And I think the experience argument is bogus.

I'm not "gonna" support Anybody.  I'm going to support the best candidate--and at this point, that's whomever receives the democratic nomination.  End of story.

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
I'm not "gonna" support Anybody.  I'm going to support the best candidate--and at this point, that's whomever receives the democratic nomination.  End of story.

really?? the best? explain that.