Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn 2L taking questions for a little bit...  (Read 15300 times)

Rusty Shackleford

• Sr. Citizen
  • #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
Re: Penn 2L taking questions for a little bit...
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2007, 11:54:38 AM »
Down with Finals!
Penn Law 2010

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2007, 12:00:10 PM »
shouldn't you be in class right now?  oh wait...thats where I am

Nope. Just trying to make it through this f-ing Corporations outline. Ugh.
Penn Law '09

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2007, 12:26:28 PM »
What kind of corporate opportunities exist with Upenn in the realm of consulting, banking…etc? I have heard law students option out of firm life and going to work for UBS, McKinsey, Ernst & Young… etc

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2007, 02:07:45 PM »
What kind of corporate opportunities exist with Upenn in the realm of consulting, banking…etc? I have heard law students option out of firm life and going to work for UBS, McKinsey, Ernst & Young… etc

McKinsey just left recruiting flyers in our mailboxes, inviting us to apply for a recruitment trip to Puerto Rico in February (all expenses paid, of course), so they're definitely looking at Penn Law.  I'd guess that if you're interested in going that route, getting the Wharton certificate (or even a joint MBA) would probably be a good move.
UPenn '10

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »

McKinsey just left recruiting flyers in our mailboxes, inviting us to apply for a recruitment trip to Puerto Rico in February (all expenses paid, of course), so they're definitely looking at Penn Law.  I'd guess that if you're interested in going that route, getting the Wharton certificate (or even a joint MBA) would probably be a good move.

Actually that is one of the reasons I want to go to Penn. I need a good certificate program to corrobuorate my TTT MBA

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »

I have a friend working for McKinsey this summer. He is also in BALSA. I'll see if I can get you his e-mail address.
Penn Law '09

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2007, 09:44:19 PM »
Sorry, I've been busy and unresponsive (to apparently not much activity). I'll be all over the world with not much internet access for winter break so it might take me until mid-January to answer questions. I'll try to check in if I can though.
Penn Law '09

convicted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2008, 09:15:55 PM »
Can anybody at UPenn talk about public interest at their school? Is there a lot of, well, interest? Good courses? Professors? Do many students go into PI? Any information would be welcome. Thanks.

convicted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2008, 01:58:29 PM »
Thanks, kasm. Bump... anybody else?