Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn 2L taking questions for a little bit...  (Read 15278 times)

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Penn 2L taking questions for a little bit...
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2007, 12:30:10 AM »
I'm jumping in here because I'm sick of supplemental jurisdiction... honestly, I have friends that live in the dorms and friends that don't - it doesn't matter at all.  I was worried about the same thing, but it is no big deal.  The secret is that all the west philly kids come to center city at night anyway.
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax

RokoMotion

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2007, 12:30:53 AM »
Do you have any advice on things I should do - Penn specific - to prepare to come to Philly should I get in for ED?  Any things you would suggest doing before Fall?

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2007, 12:31:48 AM »
Definitely. Half the 1L class does not live on the dorms and there are like 10 1Ls in my building alone which is a block from Towelie's. Besides there are cel phones to make plans to go out and people can hang out at each other's apartments or when there is good weather at the park. So I don't think I have missed out.

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:11 AM »
there are cell phones?!

haha just kidding.  thanks for the quick responses everyone.
Wallace Stevens: "BLAHHHH you and I are like the same person."

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:26 AM »
whereabouts is towelie heading this summer?

Westward-ho!
Penn Law '09

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:40 AM »
Do you have any advice on things I should do - Penn specific - to prepare to come to Philly should I get in for ED?  Any things you would suggest doing before Fall?

Definitely visit so you get a feeling of where you want to live. Other than that there is not much to do before coming to Philly. Oh and come to Admitted Students Weekend, it will be awesome.

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:57 AM »
Riverwest 'tiki?

Buy a bullet proof vest...I kid.  Not much for preparation, kick back and relax.  If you want to live off campus, make sure you start looking for apartments mid-July.
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2007, 12:34:38 AM »
I really want to feel immersed with the entire class wherever I go, I thought the dorms would be the best option.  Do you guys feel that you are still "part of "the school" even living off campus?  Don't take that quote too literally, I think you guys get what I'm trying to say.

I get what you are trying to say. I purposely lived off campus to avoid being immersed with law school - I needed a life outside of it. If you want to be immersed, the dorms are certainly the best route or you could look into Domus which is also right across the street (though much, much more expensive), and find a similar environment at buildings like The Left Bank, and Riverwest.
Penn Law '09

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2007, 12:36:37 AM »

Buy a bullet-proof vest? Just kidding.  ;)

Relax! Enjoy life! Travel if you can (though you can do this during your 2L and 3L)! Search Craigslist for good apartments and start getting an idea. They fill up fast in the spring but you might be able to get a better place (even for the fall) now.
Penn Law '09

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2007, 12:37:23 AM »
Riverwest 'tiki?

Buy a bullet proof vest...I kid.  Not much for preparation, kick back and relax.  If you want to live off campus, make sure you start looking for apartments mid-July.

Haha!!! I made the same joke having not read your post!
Penn Law '09