Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UBC = the best application ever!!!  (Read 1237 times)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UBC = the best application ever!!!
« on: September 27, 2004, 08:37:41 PM »
this is how it should be done! ... UBC's app. just took me a whole 10 minutes.  And then you just send everything else to them.  Honestly, this was the best application I've done yet.  It makes me want to go to the school.

Damn Ontario schools make you use OLSAS and the whole thing kinda blows.  Plus, you can't submit additional materials.  For example, my addendum.  I'm going to go over to UofT law tomorrow and find out how I can give them additional documents.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UBC = the best application ever!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 08:47:54 PM »
Actually, I think OLSAS is gold.  It's not perfect, but it is how it should be done.  Every school should be centrally processed at one place.  If the system were made more flexible, it would be the best way to apply.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 09:14:15 PM »
Actually, I think OLSAS is gold.  It's not perfect, but it is how it should be done.  Every school should be centrally processed at one place.  If the system were made more flexible, it would be the best way to apply.

well, the US system is like that ... but ...

the US system lets you attach files to your application.  This is something that OLSAS is missing and it's an important feature for sure.

victrola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 09:50:16 AM »
agreed.  plus, the sketch is so retarded.  it is taking me forever to get the phone numbers and addresses of every single thing i have done.  i, too, wanted to send in an addendum, but thought it was possible to mail something directly to OLSAS.  is this wrong?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 11:24:52 AM »
yeah, don't mail anything extra to OSLAS

I called both the ontario schools that I'm applying to.  UofT doesn't want anything extra.  Osgoode said you can send extra stuff, but make sure you put your name and OUAC reference number on the top.