Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any of you undergrads losing motivation?  (Read 1609 times)

stephster416

• View Profile
    • Email
Any of you undergrads losing motivation?
« on: November 03, 2007, 09:27:32 PM »
The whole LSAT/application process thing sucked up most of my time these last two months and for the first time in my life I've gotten behind in school. But now that my applications are in, I'm having a hard time staying motivated. Anyone else in this same boat?
In - Cornell, Brooklyn, Cardozo ($$$), Baylor ($$$), Notre Dame ($), Washington & Lee ($$), Loyola ($)

rsr28

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any of you undergrads losing motivation?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:39:24 PM »
Most definitely.  This is my last semester.  Making it worse is the fact that I am in:

-2 sophomore general engineering classes (for which I have completed substantial subsequent coursework already)
-1 senior lab course (which is generally recognized by students and faculty alike as one of the worst courses in the department)
-2 freshman/sophomore humanities classes (these are actually my two favorite classes... one of them is formal logic, the other American history)

This is BY FAR my least favorite semester.  Usually I love school.  This semester I absolutely HATE it because I have to take these stupid required courses and am not learning ANYTHING new.

I can't wait for law school to start.  Everything will be new to me, and unlike many, I thrive in a super-competitive atmosphere.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »
Some of us on the upward grade trend are just hitting our stride. :)

That said, I'll be glad when I'm finished.

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:43:06 PM »
DEFINITELY, all that I think about these days is law school...
2L and counting...

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 09:45:15 PM »
I graduated in May, but law school just kept me focused.... I wanted a 4.0 for as many semesters as possible.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

gclemen1

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 09:46:58 PM »
AMEN!  goodness it is hard to start research papers that are due soon when I am focusing on apps and looking on this board 24/7 LOL!  I will I could stop obsessing, but it is way too late to change my ways.  Seriously though, I need to get on it, cause I need another 4.0 to raise my GPA to a 3.6!

todesgebruell

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
I haven't done anything since I sent my apps in.  I think my thesis advisers are getting a bit upset with me.   :-\

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 11:12:05 PM »
I'm in two incredibly boring upper-level Econ classes and one mindnumbingly terrible philosophy seminar with the douchiest professor I've ever met in my life. I only have one class I like this semester, and my work product is terrible.

Next semester is mostly electives and CJ classes that I love, so I'm hoping I improve. It's pretty hard for me to care though, basically all I need to do is not fail.
Michigan '11

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 12:21:13 AM »
I don't have time to lose motivation.  I have five classes (17 credits) right now, while still working full-time.  The Winter semester will be great, though.  I will only need 2 credits to graduate, so I will feel like I am on vacation.  This will be the easiest few months since the Fall semester of '04.  I can't wait!

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

ghil04

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 12:52:50 AM »
I graduated last May and have been working for a year now, but I just thought I'd add that my productivity at work has tanked ridiculously in the last month while I've focused on my apps.  People are wondering what's happened to me, haha.

Oh well, I suppose it doesn't help that I don't give a rat's ass about my job.