Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When do LSAT scores come in etc etc  (Read 6744 times)

fulltimejob

• View Profile
When do LSAT scores come in etc etc
« on: September 27, 2004, 08:36:18 PM »
I should be knowing it but I don't. I am taking oct 2nd LSAT. when do the scores come in? I am applying to only 3 schools part time. I have the forms etc but plan to apply in oct 2nd week. Does anyone know if they would consider my application until it's complete? Common sense tells me that my LSAT scores have to be in. Am I right?

Also, 2 of those scools have rolling admissions. Would it be too late if my application gets completed beginning Nov? That's considering LSAT scores will be in last week oct and it'll take a week for LSAC to send them to schools .

Third, my case is a little different than most as my undergrad was in a different country and LSAC does not handle my files. I need to send in everything myself, including LOR etc and an international organization sends in my transcript. That organzn tells me they have sent my transcripts already! I am nervous that without my applns the schools would mess up matchign my transcript to my appln. Should I call up the admissions office after I sent in my applns to see if they got every bits and pieces? Sorry for the long post.
Thanks

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: When do LSAT scores come in etc etc
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 08:44:34 PM »
They generally say 3-4 weeks, but the June 04 test came in about 5 days early.

And yes, your lsat score has to be in before lsac will send score reports.  Schools may request the report, I believe, but they won't get sent until they have all the big stuff (transcripts, lsat, etc.  LORs I don't think will hold up a report, but the school itself still won't consider you complete without them)

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 08:45:14 PM »
They will give you the exact date it should come out; in June it came out 5 days before the target date.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

gobears

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 08:47:17 PM »
I emailed LSAC and this is what they told me:

The official score released date is October 25, 2004 and if you have an online account, your score will be emailed to you on this day. The telephone score reporting (Telescore) does release the official score for a charge of $10. Telescore will be available in the evening on October 25. Email is the fastest way to receive your LSAT score. 

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 08:59:46 PM »
I never understood this: Why the hell would you use the telescore when it comes out the same day you get it by email.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

gobears

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 09:07:13 PM »
I never understood this: Why the hell would you use the telescore when it comes out the same day you get it by email.

Yeah, seriously man.  That's what I thought when I read that.  But maybe some people don't have a choice and have to get it by telephone.  Although then that probably means they won't have an online account either. Which would suck.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 10:07:21 PM »
Can you imagine being the person on the other end of Telescore?  Sure, some people are really happy, but I would feel awful for others.

Same thing with hearing about accept/reject over the phone.  Bad job

noell

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 10:51:26 PM »
You:  "Hi, I'd like my October 2nd LSAT score, please?"

Operator:  "Sure, sir, hang on, let me pull it up here."

You:  "Thanks, I can't wait, I think I managed a 168 or 170, I was doing pretty good, it was easy!"

Operator:  "Great, sir.  One more minute."

Operator:  "OK, got it,  you score is ... ..."

You:  "Yes?"

Operator:   "Ummmmm ... you received a 148."

You:  "WHAT?!?!"

Operator:  "A 148.  Is there anything else that I can he----"

You:  "YOU LYING female dog!! WHAT THE @#!* ARE YOU TRYING TO DO, GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK?? COME ON, GIVE ME MY REAL f-ing SCORE"

Operator:  "Sir, that is your real sc----"

You:  "YOU'VE GOT TO BE f-ing KIDDING ME!!  A 148!!!  HOLY *&^% MOTHERFUCKIN---"

Operator:  "I'm sorry, sir, have a nice day!"

--CLICK--

Can you imagine being the person on the other end of Telescore?  Sure, some people are really happy, but I would feel awful for others.

Same thing with hearing about accept/reject over the phone.  Bad job