Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where to start?  (Read 1855 times)

JayD

• View Profile
    • Email
Where to start?
« on: November 01, 2007, 09:37:18 PM »
I am new, and I couldn't find a better place to post this, so if it is in the wrong area of the forum, I apologize.

I am a freshman in college, a little over half way through my first semester. My grades are fairly good, except for one class, but I am trying my hardest to get that grade back up.

I am a English Education major.

My question is where do I start from here? What recommendations do you all have regarding the LSAT, the types of classes I should take, ect?

Thank You All and Take Care,
JayD

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where to start?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:48:47 PM »
Look at the Sticky threads under the LSAT board. 

The first couple years of college, you should work more on determining if law is really what you want to do, and if it is, keep your GPA up, think about a couple teachers you could ask for recs, and get heavily involved in a couple of EC activities. 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

rsr28

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:31:04 PM »

The first couple years of college, you should work more on determining if law is really what you want to do, and if it is, keep your GPA up, think about a couple teachers you could ask for recs, and get heavily involved in a couple of EC activities. 

I think that his time would be better spent studying for LSAT's than getting EC's.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:50:12 PM »

I think that his time would be better spent studying for LSAT's than getting EC's.

Definitely not.  Maybe take a logic course or something, but I wouldn't worry about the LSAT until at most 6 months before you take it.  More than six months is not needed.  Also, when I'm talking about ECs, I mean you should really be involved in something instead of just paying dues, signing your name, etc.  Something impressive. 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.