Law School Discussion

"I haven't applied and I feel like *&^%" thread

qt314

• pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
Re: "I haven't applied and I feel like sh*t" thread
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »
is it too late to submit ED for 11/15 deadline, if you have everything ready on LSAC?

Hey, I got this cool gadget called a calendar. Tells me it's November 1st today. Pretty confident 1st comes before 15th, so that tells me you got about.. well, 14 days to go.

Hey, smartypants, the ED deadlines say everything has to be RECEIVED by November 15. I don't know whether that means you have to be complete at the school by November 15 or what, i.e., adcomms not only had time to request the full LSDAS report but received it in the mail, too. How long does it take after all your materials are furnished for LSDAS to generate a report?

saradsun

• Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "I haven't applied and I feel like *&^%" thread
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 10:45:34 AM »
MBW, I'm sure you will NAIL the December test. So get to work!

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 11:04:56 AM »
is it too late to submit ED for 11/15 deadline, if you have everything ready on LSAC?

Hey, I got this cool gadget called a calendar. Tells me it's November 1st today. Pretty confident 1st comes before 15th, so that tells me you got about.. well, 14 days to go.

Hey, smartypants, the ED deadlines say everything has to be RECEIVED by November 15. I don't know whether that means you have to be complete at the school by November 15 or what, i.e., adcomms not only had time to request the full LSDAS report but received it in the mail, too. How long does it take after all your materials are furnished for LSDAS to generate a report?

Judging from what you just said, that would mean that EVERYTHING needs to be received, but not necessarily complete.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 11:19:38 AM »

If you are talking about Columbia,  I called them and the guy said that your file has to be complete by November 15, meaning EVERYTHING, including your ED contract and LSDAS report. 

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »

Well, I don't know about the school you're applying to, but my ED app to NYU was submitted around 9:30PM on November the 15th, and they had no problem with that.

qt314

• pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »

Well, I don't know about the school you're applying to, but my ED app to NYU was submitted around 9:30PM on November the 15th, and they had no problem with that.

sweet.... thanks!

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 01:56:24 PM »
lol only on this board does November 1st seem late.  Remember that for the rest of the non LSD community Thanksgiving/Christmas are the targets for going complete/getting apps in.  I don't know anyone at my ivy league college who has finished all their apps yet.  A few got Duke in priority track but most people are just starting to submit now. 

the moral of the story: you are NOT late, you still have lots of time to get in.

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »
lol only on this board does November 1st seem late.  Remember that for the rest of the non LSD community Thanksgiving/Christmas are the targets for going complete/getting apps in.  I don't know anyone at my ivy league college who has finished all their apps yet.  A few got Duke in priority track but most people are just starting to submit now. 

the moral of the story: you are NOT late, you still have lots of time to get in.

Don't kid yourselves.  You are late.   :o

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »

While this is true that you're not late for the average person, it's still in one's interest to get them in as soon as possible.

Get 'em in folks!