Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn 2L taking q's  (Read 3952 times)

pennjd

• View Profile
Penn 2L taking q's
« on: October 31, 2007, 10:26:12 PM »
Hopefully I'll attempt to explain how we are a legitimate #6 school.  Here's one reason that Penn is better than Michigan and Virginia: ivy>>>public

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Penn 2L taking q's
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:30:32 PM »
I get to call it first; flame.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

pennjd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 10:35:44 PM »
I get to call it first; flame.

Good question, haha.  Anyone have any real questions?  (with a question mark)

garthy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 10:41:39 PM »
Why do you feel that Penn is a better school than Michigan and Virginia?  Thanks.

pennjd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 10:48:39 PM »
Why do you feel that Penn is a better school than Michigan and Virginia?  Thanks.

Personally, I feel that Penn is head and shoulders above the competition.  Our Ivy reputation lets employers know what they are getting in a Penn grad.  They know that we are at a certain level.  Schools like Virginia and Michigan don't have the same aura about them.  Also, Penn is located in the middle of the eastern seaboard so our graduates place in the most important markets.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Michigan and Virginia are good schools (especially for being public) but they just can't compete.  USNEWS has it right in placing Penn #6, Mich #8, Virginia #10.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 10:56:51 PM »
What do you have to say about Michigan's historical placement in the top 3 and the fact that 3/4 of the general population cannot distinguish between Penn and Penn State?
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

pennjd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 11:02:28 PM »
What do you have to say about Michigan's historical placement in the top 3 and the fact that 3/4 of the general population cannot distinguish between Penn and Penn State?

I am not too concerned with what the 'general population' knows about Penn.  Those that matter know who we are. 

If you would like to talk history, what of Penn being the oldest university in the country?  That level of prestige is unmatched by no school out of the top six.  Michigan is where it belongs, hanging on to the bottom of the top 10.   

garthy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 11:04:43 PM »
Sorry, I have to ask it, but are all Penn Law students as douchey as you?

pennjd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 11:06:18 PM »
Sorry, I have to ask it, but are all Penn Law students as douchey as you?

I didn't know that being proud of myself and my school is being douchey.  I am simply stating the facts about my school and our fine reputation.

RokoMotion

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 11:44:19 PM »
I applied to Penn for early decision...so hopefully that works out.  A couple questions:

1.  What do you think of the campus, generally?  It sucks that it was rebuilt in a new location in 1900s.  Do you feel a sense of "history" there, or is it just modern and clinical?

2.  How is their con-law program, compared to other schools in T-14?

3.  What is every one's beef with Penn around here, exactly?  It seems to get absolutely no love from these boards.  And how do you feel about those specific accusations?

4.  Any specific Penn-related advice for an incoming 1L?