Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: encouragement needed... just BOMBED a preptest  (Read 1100 times)

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: encouragement needed... just BOMBED a preptest
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »
Was it June 2007?  Even I scored a 165 on that one, despite being a 170 test-taker.  Disregard it: I challenge you to find one person that likes that test.

unfortunately no!!... i haven't even taken that one yet.  it was september 2006.  record-low for both LR sections. 
seeing king midas everywhere.

tja310tja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 03:37:37 PM »
Was it June 2007?  Even I scored a 165 on that one, despite being a 170 test-taker.  Disregard it: I challenge you to find one person that likes that test.
I did. The test wasn't bad. The scale sucked, but it was one of my best raw scores for sure. It was also my real thing.

jamie9

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 03:49:38 PM »

I liked it too, tied for my least number wrong (-3) with the real thing, and got a 177 which was within my target range.

unfortunately no!!... i haven't even taken that one yet.  it was september 2006.  record-low for both LR sections. 

that was the one i bombed, even got -8 on one of the LR sections

qt314

• Sr. Citizen
  • pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 03:53:38 PM »
mm. i differ about the june 2007 test. the week before the sept. lsat i took 4 practice tests and scored 177 exactly on every single one, including the june 2007. if anything, i concluded that i was being super consistent in the way i took the PTs, and felt confident i had replicated everything about the test day experience aside from nerves.

hdubs, i actually think it's a good thing you got a low score. let it help you focus on your weaknesses. the fact that you had some 170+ tests means you mastered the type of questions on those particular preptests, and your low score reveals weaknesses that you still have to overcome. the more preptests you learn from, the better chance you have of not getting surprised on test day.

just my 2 cents.
NYU Class of 2011!

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
Prep tests don't mean anything. I've screwed up more than one prep test. Instead of focusing on your pride and getting angry (and i know it's hard to ignore those two) just focus on your mistakes. See what went wrong. Think of it as an opportunity to learn your possible weaknesses and as a chance to remedy them.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »

Oh and Sept 2006 sucks balls. RC section was a killer.