Law School Discussion

« on: October 31, 2007, 06:38:33 AM »

Re: LR score going down
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:18:38 AM »
I would start by analyzing the specific logical reasoning question types that you are getting wrong. Do you notice a pattern, such as getting mostly inference questions wrong or anything like that?

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:27:28 AM »
It's unlikely to be random so look harder.

Are you guessing on any? Any subject type? Order of sections in the test? More tired than usual? Are you panicking because of the drop? Is it a few questions is a row? Misreading?

dubsy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 07:27:51 AM »
This shows that you may have a limited grasp of important concepts.  Here's a checklist:

necessary/sufficient (recognize this often?)

assumption negation technique (are you using it?)

sufficient/necessary assumption questions (can you tell the difference?)

flaw questions: "presumes, without giving justification" - what does this term mean?  What do you do with it?

weaken (only has to weaken 1%), same with strength questions

If bells are not blazing, then you're missing a lot of things.  I couldn't imagine missing more than 3 if you have these concepts down cold.

wallace: just to make sure i'm approaching these right, for "presumes, without giving justification," am i essentially trying to nail what the flawed method of reasoning is?  and that is usually in the form of some assumption in this type of stimulus?

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 09:29:07 PM »
Wallace, this is my first post ever, I found something you said interesting, a flaw is a weakener or assumption, and it can be negated, please explain more and with and example if you can.

Thanks in advance.

Beurre

• coming soon,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 11:06:39 PM »
bump