Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: -  (Read 7398 times)

Peanut_Butter_Jelly_Time

• Sr. Citizen
  • Is It Already Peanut Butter and Jelly Time?
    • View Profile
-
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:43:14 PM »
-

TraciRai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's the Singles Scene like in Law School?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 12:42:04 AM »
People are busy, but you're surrounded by the same people all day, every day... it's like high school.  But the excessive drinking is legal.  And don't date anyone in your section!

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:18:54 AM »
id rather cut my own male private part than attempt to date anyone during 1L, much less date someone in the law school

Should this tell us about the undesirability of relationships in law school in your eyes, or an enthusiastic endorsement of self-genital-mutilation
It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:43:40 AM »
People are busy, but you're surrounded by the same people all day, every day... it's like high school.  But the excessive drinking is legal.  And don't date anyone in your section!

Unconditional sex is ok though, right?

TraciRai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 09:04:54 AM »

Unconditional sex is ok though, right?

Let me amend... don't do anything, with anyone in your section, that you don't mind everyone and their mom knowing about.  If you're cool with that, go right ahead. :)

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 10:08:56 AM »
I hear other sections here have lots of inter-section dating. So it happens- people date each other in law school.

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 12:22:28 AM »
id rather cut my own male private part than attempt to date anyone during 1L, much less date someone in the law school

Hmm, weird, dude, weird.

It seems like most people are already in relationships when they get to law school.  Its like the field is only half the size that you think it would be.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 01:11:43 AM »
fo shizzle
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 09:28:37 AM »
i was speaking to the unpleasantness of having to put up with drama and garbage every day...

Besides, why would you date someone in law school when there are undergrad females who are cuter, less jaded, who you dont have to see all day every day, who you have something to talk about with other than law school?  Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't talk to law students about law school all that much and when I do its more topically, like "do you like this class or not?', not "did you understand what we did today in class, please explain."  Law school girls seem more intelligent than the undergrads from my experience and I don't see them all day every day.  In fact, if I don't see them in class I do not see them much at all, maybe an occasional social event or at the gym.  If you don't want drama, just be more choosy in which girls you go after, not all girls are about drama.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

TraciRai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 09:57:40 AM »
i was speaking to the unpleasantness of having to put up with drama and garbage every day...

Besides, why would you date someone in law school when there are undergrad females who are cuter, less jaded, who you dont have to see all day every day, who you have something to talk about with other than law school?  Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't talk to law students about law school all that much and when I do its more topically, like "do you like this class or not?', not "did you understand what we did today in class, please explain."  Law school girls seem more intelligent than the undergrads from my experience and I don't see them all day every day.  In fact, if I don't see them in class I do not see them much at all, maybe an occasional social event or at the gym.  If you don't want drama, just be more choosy in which girls you go after, not all girls are about drama.

I like dating a fellow law student because he doesn't get annoyed by me talking about law/ law school all the time.  We can share dorky moments where neither of us says anything out loud, but we're both thinking the same thing like, "that is a tort claim waiting to happen!".  I really don't think a non-law student would put up with me at this point. :)