Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Toby Stock Call Thread  (Read 176395 times)

ktd555

• View Profile
Re: Toby Stock Call Thread
« Reply #1440 on: January 19, 2009, 11:48:34 PM »
got in too today :)

legallyblonde?

• View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 22, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »
i had my TS email on 12/16
TS1 12/20
waiting for TS2...hoping it will be soon  :)

let me know if you're in the same batch and if you hear!

valjean

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1442 on: January 22, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »
Congrats MA and other last-chance TSers.

Is it bad that I'm kind of sad I won't get to talk to him next year, even if I would have been qualified to? He sounds like a chill guy.
Not applying until next cycle...

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 22, 2009, 08:06:49 PM »
So what's going on the rest of the cycle?

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1444 on: January 22, 2009, 09:32:51 PM »
I'd imagine one of the deputies will step up as Acting director of admissions, or they'll just pick a new person, and continue on, and someone will have to rename the thread.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

ClashCityRocker

• know your rights
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 23, 2009, 01:10:54 AM »
Maybe this question has been asked on this thread already, but I haven't been able to find it in the recent posts. I think I'll ask it again:
I understand that, if you're admitted, it generally takes anywhere from a couple of days to a couple weeks from the time you get the TS1 until you receive the TS2. So what happens if you're in that roughly 20% that is inevitably waitlisted or rejected? Will you be notified in the same time frame? Or do they leave you hanging for the next month or two before letting you know?
It's been ten days since I got the TS1, and I'm starting to get nervous.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1446 on: January 23, 2009, 09:10:22 AM »
It seems they leave you hanging. Buck up, little camper. The odds are still in your favor. And even if you're in the 20% you might still get a WL.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Dr_Nex

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 23, 2009, 07:14:28 PM »
Maybe this question has been asked on this thread already, but I haven't been able to find it in the recent posts. I think I'll ask it again:
I understand that, if you're admitted, it generally takes anywhere from a couple of days to a couple weeks from the time you get the TS1 until you receive the TS2. So what happens if you're in that roughly 20% that is inevitably waitlisted or rejected? Will you be notified in the same time frame? Or do they leave you hanging for the next month or two before letting you know?
It's been ten days since I got the TS1, and I'm starting to get nervous.
There was a big round of TS2s on 1/19. If you didn't get it, it's not a good sign. I don't want to cause alarm or anything, it may still come this next Monday.

Dr_Nex

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 23, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
If you apply in November/December, would you receive a TS1? If so, when exactly?

1. If you are acceptable, yes.

2. By April.
False! :-D

ClashCityRocker

• know your rights
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 25, 2009, 05:11:11 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Good news, though - my mom called on Friday to say that a Harvard acceptance letter, along with a large admissions binder, was sent to my permanent address back in California. My online status check also said I was admitted as of January 20th, so either Toby Stock is a very busy man, or he just forgot to ring me. No problem, though, 'cause I'm in!