Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Toby Stock Call Thread  (Read 173859 times)

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Toby Stock Call Thread
« Reply #1020 on: October 18, 2008, 08:23:39 AM »
Yeah, I think I was being melodramatic in the heat of the moment last night. Feeling better today, but still kinda bummed.

Good to hear!  Plus, you're stinking heartbreaker! They'd be FOOLS not to accept you (and they know it!).

Startin Up Soon!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 18, 2008, 01:07:21 PM »
Brown Bear mentioned he wasn't in the first page last cycle (10/27), but he was in a batch less than a week later.

Keep hope alive.

Just randomly checked LSD for the first time in ages and I saw this.  Aside from making me nostalgic, it reminded me of that week between the first phone call emails (that I didnt get) and my phone call email where I was really bummed.  Seriously, if you didn't get a phone call in the first batch, there's really no need to beat yourself up over it like I did, there's still a ton of time left so don't worry!

GoneBabyGone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1022 on: October 18, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »
Thanks for coming back, BB. Makes me feel a little more hopeful. Not much, but a little.

GoneBabyGone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1023 on: October 20, 2008, 04:12:45 PM »
Perhaps more emails are going to go out this week.

Although TS said in that small batch of emails last week that he'd be out of his office from 10/17-10/27, he has updated his blog twice today. Perhaps he'll be sending emails while he's out of the office, as well.

One can dream...

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admissions/

penguinfiasco

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 20, 2008, 07:09:07 PM »
Anything is possible, but that would require that he have access to applications on the road.  Back when applications were entirely paper-based that would be ridiculous, but even in the electronic application era it still seems kind of unlikely; he would have taken them with him to Chad (Africa)?  On the other hand, it seems to be a pretty common practice to blog from your laptop while sitting in the airport, waiting in your hotel, etc.

Really not trying to be a wet blanket  ;)  Just couldn't help but chime in, since it's a topic of interest to me, too. 

abbygal0330

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 20, 2008, 07:38:46 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I know people have said so a couple times already, but just to restate.... all potential admits have the phone interview-- its definitely a requirement.

AND  We are on fall break this week, so I decided to look on this site and see where everyone is in the application process-- just wanted to tell people that you should NOT be freaking out this early on. I didnt make a final decision until April last year, and thats 6 months from now... chances are, a lot of you won't either- until then, just relax.

Also, since we're on break this week, I'd love to answer any questions anyone has about HLS: the classes, the people, etc. Just send a message
Harvard Law 2011

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1026 on: October 20, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »
To agree with above, I think you guys are overanalyzing. There are probably a boatload of applications that they love, but they obviously can't call everyone in the first week. So I would say to chill out and relax.

However, If I had the chance to get into Harvard and didn't get that first call, I would be freaking out to.

JQuann

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 21, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »
The flip side of this discussion might be: How often do people get this call only to bungle it? Are there common mistakes? Or is this call a fairly low-risk exchange?

penguinfiasco

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 21, 2008, 08:16:20 PM »
I think you have to be socially retarded to screw it up.  You have to be either a huge jerk or unable to carry on a 5 minute conversation.

So it seems, from what people have said.  But what of those 300 (isn't that the number?) people who receive calls but not acceptances?  Come to think of it, I haven't come across anyone in that position (but I haven't read all 105 pages here, either).  There have to be a number of people for whom the interview went reasonably well but admission was not offered--because even if the majority get an offer, 300 is a lot of people. 

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1029 on: October 21, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »
There are people in this thread who got the call but didn't get in. It's not because they screwed up the interview, which it is basically impossible to do. It's usually because their numbers were cuspy anyway.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.