Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Toby Stock Call Thread  (Read 175737 times)

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Toby Stock Call Thread
« Reply #830 on: February 04, 2008, 04:19:42 PM »
Thanks Snap, and congrats on your acceptances so far.  Hopefully I'll see you at an ASW.

bohemian_revolution

• Sr. Citizen
  • le fabuleux destin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #831 on: February 05, 2008, 07:22:52 AM »
I just passed 3 months with no contact.  Advice?

I'm approaching that same benchmark.
I wish they'd just reject me already.

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 05, 2008, 03:08:22 PM »
Just had my TS1.  It went okay, I think, although I'm now constantly thinking of all the intelligent, witty things I could have said but didn't.  He said "very good" a lot, and asked a couple follow-up questions.  About 7 minutes total, but he didn't ask if I had any questions.  Apparently my app hasn't gone to the committee yet. It seems like he just picks applications that interest him and then attaches his phone conversation comments to the file before passing it on.  Best of luck to everyone else!

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 05, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »
Ah, me too! What's up with that committee thing, he mentioned the same thing to me. I hope I didn't sound too idiotic..

Congrats on the call LB.  I was a little disappointed by the committee thing, too.  I really wanted him to sweep me off my feet with an HLS acceptance right then and there.  Now we just have to wait, which I've got to say is actually much worse than I thought it would be. 

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 05, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »
Ah, me too! What's up with that committee thing, he mentioned the same thing to me. I hope I didn't sound too idiotic..

Congrats on the call LB.  I was a little disappointed by the committee thing, too.  I really wanted him to sweep me off my feet with an HLS acceptance right then and there.  Now we just have to wait, which I've got to say is actually much worse than I thought it would be. 

I'm fairly certain this is how its always been.

Yeah, that's what I gathered from reading the blog.  I was hoping I had passed some sort of barrier, but it seems like a TS1 really is just a part of your file.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 05, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »

I saw the "LB" and freaked out - as if you knew something that I didn't.  Ha.  Funny.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 05, 2008, 04:31:31 PM »
Oh, sorry original LB!  :-[

I totally did not think about that.  Don't worry, though - I think you'll be getting some HLS news soon.  TS works in mysterious ways.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 05, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »
Oh, sorry original LB!  :-[

I totally did not think about that.  Don't worry, though - I think you'll be getting some HLS news soon.  TS works in mysterious ways.

haha, doubtful, but thanks ;)

LSN

legally_brunette

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 05, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »
Thanks!

LoveButton - Sorry for stealing your initials!

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 05, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »
Thanks!

LoveButton - Sorry for stealing your initials!

there can be only one true LB...

you know, somebody else tried to use the name button recently.  what is up with peeps tryin to get all up in my grill?  >:(

LSN